January 3, 2009

*@!&%$! Stupid Commenting systems...

Okay, so the other day I was suddenly like, ooh I should get all FANCY and figure out how to put commentluv on my blogger blog.

And I went through all these steps at some website called jskit. And it worked. For like, 2 seconds. Then it sucked.

I couldn't figure out how to make it look how I wanted, it did it for a few, but then changed back.

I messed and messed and couldn't get it to look the way I wanted, nor could I figure out how to make it e-mail me comments. It said that all comments would be e-mailed to me, but they weren't. Which I figured out on Friday when I checked and there were like 12 comments that hadn't been e-mailed to me. BOO!

So I messed with it. Couldn't figure it out. Decided screw it. Reverted to my old template without this fanciness. It said that all comments would be backed up on blogger so I wouldn't lose anything if I had to uninstall it.

BUT OF COURSE NOT! So, to the 12 people who left the last 12 comments on my post about the books I've read this year, the awards I gave out earlier this week, or my New Years Resolutions... they unfortunately got DELETED.

I am sad. And I am not trying to get FANCY again anytime soon.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Bummer! I know I left some fantastically witty comments *lol*.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I get really frosted (I like saying that) when things that are supposed to be good things, like improvements, turn out to just be a huge pain in the, um, neck. Sorry that happened.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i have so been there...it stinks! there is a free program called blogger backup utility. it saves both posts and comments!

Mama Wheaton said...

Oh and my comments were so good!

Bethany said...

I know how you feel. Anytime I try and change anything on my blog I inevitably mess it up...gah! Have a great day- SITS :)

Shalee- Be Speechless said...

Awe i'm sorry. That always stinks when stuff like that happens.

Thanks for visiting my blog. :D
have a great day.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh, BUMMER! Did you download your original template then re-upload it when the tweaked one didn't work? I would think the original comments would still be in the downloaded template, but I don't know for sure... I think I'm going to look into that blogger backup utility - I keep messing with my blog to try to make it 'prettier', so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I totally mess it up! ;)

Over from SITS - nice to 'meet' you! :)