January 13, 2009

Doctor Recommendation

One of you asked who my doctor is in the comments, but didn't leave an e-mail so I wanted to post a link to her.

Her name is Michelle Ingram and the reason that I chose her was because although she is listed as OB/GYN/Infertility, she deals with women's health as a whole including:
  • Comprehensive Annual Exam
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Diagnostic Ultrasound (in-office)
  • Preconception Counseling
  • Breast Exam & Mammography Referral
  • Teen Transition to GYN Care
  • Menopause Dignosis and Treatment
  • Sports Physicals
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Colposcopy for abnormal Pap smears
  • Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding
  • PCOS
  • Fibroid diagnosis
  • Management of fibroids
  • Pap smears to screen for cervical cancer
  • Testing for sexually transmitted diseases
  • Pelvic relaxation and urinary incontinence
  • Treatment of Depression and PMS
  • Birth control pills
  • Depoprovera
  • IUD insertions and removals
  • Tubal Ligation Referral
  • Diaphragm fitting and counseling
  • Emergency contraception
  • Vasectomy Referral
  • Nuva Ring
  • Ortho Evra patch
  • Early Obstetric Care and Referral
  • Pregnancy Testing
  • Early Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • OB care to 5 Months
  • OB coordination and referral
  • Couples Counseling
  • Sexual Issues
  • Trauma
  • Grief and Loss
  • Personal Growth
  • Life Transitions
  • Infertility
  • Infertility Evaluation
  • Ultrasound Evaluation
  • Saline Infusion Ultrasound
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Intra-Uterine Insemination
  • Coordination of care for IVF Cycle
  • Early IVF Monitoring
  • Donor insemination coordination
Impressive huh?

Her office is called Birchwood Women's Health and it's located near St Josephs Hospital in Bellingham. Here is a link to the website. I've only had 2 visits with her so far, but I felt comfortable right away, and felt like she really listened/cared and would try to help me to be a more healthy person and not just treat one thing.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Hey Rachael,

I wasn't sure how you'd feel about me emailing you out of the blue, so I thought I'd respond to this post, since it's relevant.

I went and saw Dr. Ingram yesterday, and she was pretty nice. (Though she DID spring an annual exam on me when I totally was expecting to just schedule it for later!) Even though I had lab work done about four years ago, she's having me do the whole thing all over again, plus do the 2-hr glucose testing. When they tried to do the glucose testing when I was 17, I ended up passing out and my doctor took pity on me and said I didn't have to do it.

So my question is, how did the testing go for you? This will be only the third time I'll be having blood drawn and I'm more than a little freaked out about it. I figure their lab people are much better at drawing blood than the people at the dinky clinic I went to years ago, but I'm still incredibly nervous. Especially about the glucose testing, since I don't really know what to expect.

Any advice would be VERY welcome!

Thanks,
Trish
(trish@binarypeople.net)