January 23, 2009

I'm Not Ready

Haiku Friday

Seeing as how this will be posted on Rachael’s Haiku Friday, I feel I must dig deep and compose one. You have been warned.

I am not ready

There is tremendous pressure

To post a good blog

Yes, I know. Not up to the usual entries that you all have come to expect from here but hey, I’m just a guest.

I am still new to this whole blogging thing. Starting up just a few months ago, I really should have given more thought to what I wanted to put out there into the Great Blog-o-sphere. But I have no unique talents. I have no interesting aspects of my life that I felt I had to share with the world. I just wanted to empty my head.

And believe me, even for a ditzy blonde, there is a lot of crap floating around up here.

Lately, my thoughts have been consumed with age. I do not consider myself old…not yet anyway. And it’s not really my age that is occupying my limited thought processes. It is my son’s. Next month, he will turn ten. Ten! It’s not till the end of next month but I have been quietly freaking out about this for about six months. I’m pretty sure that by the time his actual birthday rolls around, I will have my first gray hair…or five.

I’m not ready. I’m not ready for him to be older and off on his own and having girlfriends who I have to be nice to.

I’m. Not. Ready.

For hormones and puberty and braces and being wrong! I’m the Mom! I’m never wrong!

I’m. Not. Ready!

I’m not ready for him to be smarter than me and the-rolling-of-the-eyes because I said something that was sooo uncool.

I’m. Not. Ready.

I’m not ready for ten years old. I’m not ready for him to be too old to hug me and not embarrassed to give me a kiss.

I’m not ready for my baby boy to grow up.

I’m. Not. Ready.

To read more Haiku Friday posts, click here!

********************
The last guest post of this vacation comes from Shana over at Utterances. I started reading her blog because she's a fellow Washingtonian, and look forward to her posts every day! We have a similar sense of humor, and knows what it's like to be a Mom in all it's... glory? I'm so happy to have her, now go over and check her out! I'm also honored to be her FIRST guest posting experience!

7 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Trust me, no one ever is ready. And yet, it happens and we all survive it.
(Mom of a FIFTEEN year old!)

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, and great post!!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! Guest posting is so stage fright inducing, but you did fine.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the guest post.

I'm not ready and I'm not sure I will be.

Unknown said...

Thank you Rachel for choosing me to write a little something on your blog.
And thank you to all the nice readers who have left comments so far!

Tumblewords: said...

It happens overnight, seems like. Good post!

Momo Fali said...

My daughter just turned 10 and she recently told me that I didn't have to write her notes for her lunchbox anymore. Sigh...

(I still write them anyway.)