January 16, 2009

Haiku Friday: Good Food & Memories

Haiku Friday
Maggie, this is everyone... Everyone, this is Maggie!

Howdy and hello
to all of Rachael's readers,
thanks for having me!

Guest post in haiku
I asked Rachael for ideas,
things I love, she said...

...like foods or good times,
memories of joy - so then,
on with my haiku(s).

~*~*~*~*~

good food and mem'ries
go hand in hand together
making life sweeter

friend dressed sweet in white,
then new fav'rite wedding cake:
butter cream frosting

"home" to chicago
hot dogs topped with kitchen sink
pizza melts my heart

summer mem'ries crave
cotton candy carnivals
corn dogs at the fair

cure for any funk:
pancakes, butter, bacon, eggs
breakfast for dinner

reno's lobster bisque
cost more than the entree (oops!)
delicious mistake

thick prime rib dinner
(with lobster tail = bonus points)
you'll "get lucky," too ;)

drive through fast food fries
sit down, fancy dress up fare
either best with you

To read more Haiku Friday participants, click here!

********************
See what I did there? I just got SOMEONE else to do Haiku Friday for me! Seriously though, Maggie is my favorite haiku-ist (shut up it doesn't matter if it's not a word, you know what I meant). She usually posts her beautiful prose over at Maggie's Mind, a GREAT blog which has been filled with much joy and excitement lately due to the end of the apartness. Want to know what I'm talking about? Go over and visit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Maggie :)

BUT, you're making me very, very hungry!!

Cathy said...

I look forward to Maggies haikus every week! I used to live in Chicago, and you can't beat the food there.

Tumblewords: said...

What fun this is!

Momisodes said...

Well done!

Maggie is one of the finest haiku-er's I know as well :)

And she is also notorious for making me hungry!

Holly said...

hmmmm, lobster........

Kudos for your 'ku Maggie - as always, they are wonderful to read!