August 1, 2008

Haiku Friday: A Burning Mess

Haiku Friday

Last night, finally
Went to see Mamma Mia
What the hell was that?

I will be posting
Full review on Monday
But needed to say

Something, could not wait
All weekend because I can't
Stop thinking of it

Wanted to like it so
badly, but felt like I might
Have been slipped acid

It was not all bad
Only eighty percent bad
Well, Pierce was still hot

I went with Violet last night to see Mamma Mia. I have been looking forward to seeing this for MONTHS. I never got to see it on stage because when it finally came to Seattle I had conflicts and it was only here for a couple of nights. I wish I had been able to because then I could compare the burning mess that was the movie to the show, which was supposed to be so good. I will post a full review with my Movie Monday post next week, but I seriously can't stop thinking about this movie and wondering how it managed to exist, so I had to post something today.

Have a good weekend, and if you want to go to the movies, see Step Brothers instead - it was freaking hilarious, and you get to hear Mary Steenburgen say "What the fucking fuck?" while obviously trying not to bust a gut watching Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly fight, which is pretty much worth the price of admission.

For more haikus, click here!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the movie tip all well haiku'd and whatnot. I will wait for video on the Mamma Mia but might check out Step Brothers. I so rarely go to the movies, but it sounds like a nice way to keep cool on a hot day.

MarĂ­a said...

MammaMia was eh. StepBrothers was ROTFLMFAO funny.

And I did your damn meme. It's scheduled for mid august. Yes, I write all my posts and schedule them in advance. And that's where that meme comes up. :)

Jennifer said...

Let's just say, I don't exactly love musicals. My neighbors and are I are all going out for a girl's night out tomorrow and they want to see Mamma Mia. This makes me even less excited.

Cynthia said...

Good to know...I'll take this off my list. Too bad, I wanted to see it:( Ah well, I like my Pierce as Bond!

Honey Mommy said...

Oh. That's too bad. I had heard that Mama Mia was great... but I can't remember who told me that. So maybe I'll trust you instead

Heather said...

Everyone I know that has seen the movie didn't like it, which is sad because I like Pierce. But dang, has he done anything since 007?

Candace said...

oh I loved mama mia because of all it's flaws! I had no expectations going in but leaving I felt like it was OK to be a big fat dork that can't sing and/or dance but does it anyway! I guess that doesn't say much about the movie but I hearted it anyway! I dig a good haiku review!

Rachel said...

Great haiku.
I'm so disappointed because I really wanted to see it and have it be wonderful. :-(

StepBrothers is really that funny? It looks awful, but looks can be deceiving.
Happy HF.

Unknown said...

I thought Step Brothers was mediocre, but all who attended agreed that "What the fucking FUCK?" was the best line/line-reading of the whole movie.

Anonymous said...

It's very sad really to see Meryl Streep go down "that" road. Nice Haiku though :-)

Come join pet peeve Tuesday.