August 1, 2008

Amazing Love

I read on mothergoosemouse today that Midwestern Mommy just found out she has cancer. It's easy to get lost in this big wide internet. To read funny stories, think about trolls and people's nightmare neighbors and what movies people are watching. But then there are posts like these, ones that keep me grounded and remind me how little I have to worry about, how lucky I am. It's times like these when I know what I want to do with my prayers. So I headed over to Midwestern Mommy to leave a kind word. I made it through her whole post without crying. Until I got to the bottom. That's where I saw that there were 375 comments on this one post, on her announcement about her scary diagnosis. I am willing to venture that over three hundred of these were from TOTAL STRANGERS. Total strangers giving hugs, prayers, well wishes, love with all of their hearts. I added my own well wishes and prayers through tears. What an amazing world. I feel privileged to be part of this kind of a community. I can only hope that I have that much support the next time something so scary happens to me.

Yesterday, Midwestern Mommy posted an update that she may not have cancer. Hopefully, she doesn't. Her chances look good from what I've read. I'll still be rooting for her to get more good news.

1 comment:

Julie Marsh said...

Aw, thanks for posting about MM! And for going over there to give her some love. The blogosphere is full of great opportunities to pay it forward.