January 6, 2009

Heads or Tails: 3 Things I Learned in 2008

This week's theme for Heads or Tails Tuesday is "3 Things I Learned in 2008". I'm sure that I could think of MANY more than 3 things since it was such a hard year, but I think I'll try to stick to the good stuff because I am DONE with 2008 and it's stupid badness. In 2008, I learned about people, the ones that are near to me and the ones that are a little further away...

1. In 2008 I learned that there are a ton of awesome people out there on the internet! I started blogging in May of 2008, I'd dabbled a little before that, but throughout the summer I started to get serious about blogging, about having a place to write, and about being part of a community online. I have discovered so many amazing bloggers since then - they have been so kind as to guest post for me when I was on vacation, to offer me support when I've needed it, to pray for me, to read my thoughts, and to make me laugh. I can't wait to see what happens next.

2. In 2008 I learned that I am surrounded by the most incredible friends and family. Okay, so I sort of already knew that. But it was really re-inforced in 2008. Justin and I are very blessed to have amazing friends who are there for us when we need them. Our families are infinitely loving and generous to us, and we could not have gotten by without either set of people this year. We were lucky to have some new family members when my Mom re-married, some amazing people who came into our lives. Our families are crazy - Sam has 9 grandparents at last count! For all that's happened, I wouldn't give it up - no matter how we got here, we now have this awesome network of people who love us and who we can count on!

3. In 2008 I learned that we really CAN get through anything. Despite all of the hardships we faced and any rough patches we went through, I enter 2009 feeling as close as ever to my wonderful husband. When I see old couples walking together, I look at them and think that one day that's going to be us. I have such faith in our little family, I know we'll make it, we'll come out okay, and that throughout it all we will have this incredible love. And that's a wonderful lesson to learn.

What did you learn last year?

To read more Heads or Tails posts, or participate yourself, go to Heads or Tails Tuesday Home.

9 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

At times in life, I've been known to dwell on certain things and catastrophize on a situation until I too learned that even in any given situation, you CAN get through it...and it WILL get better. I like your 3rd one in you list.

Happy HoT Tuesday. My entry is posted at the top of my blog post!! Come visit if you can find time. Always love to have company such as yourself!!!

wendy said...

interesting post but i can't answer so quickly! lol.

thanks for visiting my blog!

Barb said...

I love your positive outlook on things. And your blog template. :)

The blogging world is such a wonderful network of people. We are all so different and yet so much alike.

You are blessed to have such a loving family and husband.

Thanks for playing HoT!

Dawn said...

I absolutely loved your #3. I wish you a wonderful 2009!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

what a wonderful post, #3 brought tears to my eyes.

Tumblewords: said...

Lovely and astute post! Great things to learn...

peppylady (Dora) said...

Amen to all the wonderful bloggers and the people on the internet.

Coffee is on.

Misty DawnS said...

You've got a great attitude despite a rough year. I love how you said you are 'done with 2008'. Me too!

#1 is huge in my eyes. I've realized that some of my very best friends are people I have never even seen face to face!

Anonymous said...

Great post. It is good when we learn from our experiences.