January 13, 2009

Asta La Vista, Washington!

Today I'm not around. Today I am braving one layover, two airplanes, and three airports with a 2 1/2 year old. If you're reading this, please pray for me. Or whatever you do. Cross your fingers. Knock on wood. Send me some positive energy. Because I REALLY hope this all goes well.

I'm off to New Jersey for 10 days to see my stepmom, super-cool 10 year old sister, my dad, and various other family members who can be squeezed in. I can't wait for them to see Sam, the haven't seen him since August and he has grown SO MUCH since then. I can't wait for them to get hugs and kisses, and to hear how much he talks now!

While I'm there, I'll be able to attend my little sister's band concert, which I am quite looking forward to. I will also be there for Obama's inauguration, which will be an amazing day. I'll be trying to keep up with my reader, but I have learned the hard way in the past that thinking I will be able to keep up with blogging while on vacation has another name. FOOLING YOURSELF! So, I have lined up a few posts that I've already written as well as having some REALLY special guest bloggers who I am super excited about!

If the flight goes awesome, I might post a one liner or a twitter. If it's awful, there will proably be a full post in the next day or two so you can laugh at my pain.

7 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

Have a great trip! I can't wait to read all about it when you get back. Prayers are going out to you right now.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I hope you have fun. Don't think about the reader. It makes the trip less fun. I know! Did you get the code for the button?

Unknown said...

Have a safe flight!

Kori said...

Oh, it sounds wonderful! Don't worry about us; I am sure we will all still be here when you get back, because life just kind of stay the same. Have a safe flight, and enjoy your visit!

Cynthia said...

Good luck...and have fun!

AJ said...

Oh Good luck Rachael! I panic with just taking the kids to the grocery store. I can't imagine trying to fly with Simon, I'm sure he would something would go wrong. He'd probably freak out about being strapped into the seat and shout out over and over that he is "cock," which is his favorite word at the moment and how he says "stuck."
Seriously though, have a great vacation!!

Anonymous said...

Safe travels, and enjoy! Everyone will understand if you don't keep up, so take a break and just enjoy - we'll be here when you get back. :)