December 31, 2008

Who Wouldn't Love an Award?!

Guess what? The lovely Valerie over at It's a Wonderful Life has passed on this beautiful butterfly award to me!


Isn't it pretty? Thanks Valerie!

Here are the steps:

A. Put the logo on your blog.
B. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
C. Nominate ten other blogs, add links to those blogs, and leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

So, here are a few blogs that I've been enjoying lately! Yes, there are only seven. That should be enough reading for you for today (because I really think you should go read them ALL).
AND, since I started writing this post, the wonderful Mimi of Screaming Mimi awarded me with this award:So, here's what it's for...

"This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships!These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I have to admit that one of my favorite parts of this award is that the original giver has identified themselves as CLEVER within the text of their explanation. It just made me laugh!

I like this award because it's one of the things I like most about blogging - meeting new people and making friends. So, here are some ladies who are total winners (and awesome bloggy friends) in my world...

Kori at See Kori Rant

Auds at Barking Mad

Maria at Immoral Matriarch

Shana at Utterances

Maggie at Maggie's Mind

Dawn at Must Love Tots

I decided to only pass this along to six ladies, since I'm still making friends! They inspire me, make me feel less alone, and make me smile.

7 comments:

Maggie, Dammit said...

Excellent pics here, many of my favorites!

And that Fuck You Penguin site is priceless.

Anonymous said...

I am with Maggie on this one...that Fuck You Penguin site is a riot! Why is it that I've never seen it before? I'm dying over here!

Rachael, thank you so much! It really made my day. Even if I can't pronounce the award, I love it!

OMG,my word verification thingy is urapeach!

MarĂ­a said...

Awww! You are way too nice to me, you know that?

I'm about to go check out the penguins.

McMommy said...

I just wanted to say a big thank you for making my Saturday!!!!! I will dedicate my first glass of wine tonight to you in a show of thanks!!! :)

Kimberly said...

Sorry that it has taken me SO DAMN LONG to get my fat ass over here! Thank you so much for the award. That makes me feel so good!!! HUGS xo

Dawn said...

Thank you so much. Sorry it's taken me so long to get it going on my end!

Mwah!

Anonymous said...

Awww thanks babe!

I love me some shiny :)

You rock.