December 11, 2008

Thurday Thirteen: Happiness is Coming

It's Thursday again! Times have been tough, so I decided that today I am going to focus on things that I am actually looking forward to that are coming up!


Thirteen Things I am looking forward to in the next month


1. In my book club, we don't read a book before our December meeting. Instead we have a brunch and do a little gift exchange and it's always a ton of fun. This year's brunch is coming up this Sunday!

2. My cousin Courtney's daughter Olivia is almost one! I'm looking forward to her birthday party on the 27th. She had a very crazy pregnancy and first year and had to have surgery on her head because she had a small hole in her skull. It was a scary time for Courtney and her family, and I'm looking forward to celebrating her gorgeous smiley one year old!

3. On Dec 20th, my Mom is taking us to go on the Lake Whatcom Railway on the Santa Train! I'm not sure how he'll feel about Santa (probably pretty good if Santa has candy), but he absolutely LOVES trains, and it's going to be so much fun!

4. Dinner with our friends Mark & Amy next Thursday. Amy watches Sam one day a week, and also runs the Mom's Group that I'm a member of. We've had dinner with them a couple of times, and I'm really excited to hang out with them again!

5. Next Friday (the 19th) is my monthly 'Mom's Night Out' dinner! I always love getting out of the house with the girls from my Mom's Group for a kid-free night out with fun, laughter, and usually a couple cocktails!

6. My sister Kira is going to be in New Jersey on Christmas, but the weekend before she's going to come up and visit for a few days. I'm looking forward to hanging out with her.

7. Jemma, my newly gained 'sister' (our parents married this year) is coming home from New York (where she goes to school) for Christmas. I'm looking forward to hanging out with her and getting to know her a little better, as well as having her spend time with Sam - she loves him, and I love watching them play. She's also bringing home her boyfriend, who she met last year while studying at Oxford in England.

8. Making Christmas cookies and other goodies with my Mom and sister.

9. I haven't had anything confirmed, but I am HOPING that my sister and stepmom are coming to visit from New Jersey in January.

10. Being home for Christmas, not travelling, enjoying the season, and trying to relax.

11. We didn't think we were going to get anything from the lawsuit from Justin's motorcycle accident three years ago, but now it looks like all our medical bills will be paid off and we'll probably get around $1000, which we can DEFINITELY use right now!

12. Putting up the awesome Christmas lights that my Mom bought for us last weekend - lights for the bushes, snowflakes to hang from the tree and to put by the sidewalk.

13. Saying GOODBYE to 2008! This year sucked, and I will be super happy for it to be OVER so that I can move on!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


This is my 5th time doing the Thursday Thirteen - you can join in too! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy crap! That is some good news about the accident settlement! We are still waiting on whether we will get reimbursed for our car rental from my husband's car accident...don't think we will see that money.

What a wonderful list of positive things!

Anonymous said...

Yup, another new year is just around the corner. Glad you'll get some time to relax at Christmas!

Happy TT!

Carol said...

Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to. Happy T-13!

Cynthia said...

I am all for saying goodbye to 2008...it was a b*tch!

Kori said...

Hear hear to #11 and #13!

CynthiaK said...

Kudos for being so positive. I needed something optimistic to read!

Just getting round to visiting the SITSas from last week's holiday wish posts! Thanks for popping by Crumbs last week!

nikkicrumpet said...

Thats a fun way to do it...you have a lot of great things to look forward too! And I hope 2009 will be a wonderful year for you and your family!!!

Wife to Mark, Mother to TWO!! said...

Hey Rachael!!! Thanks for the Tag! And, I have a question...did we ever decide if we are gonna do dinner here or your place??? It's fine to do it here...just let me know what Justin can have to eat and we will do our best to plan accordingly!! I can't wait to hang out with you guys again!!!!! We sure think a lot of you guys, too and are stoked to hang out again this week! See you soon!