December 23, 2008

I'll be Praying

Sometimes at Christmas time, we forget what the reason behind Christmas is. We forget that this holiday, we should really be celebrating the birth of Jesus and everything he did for us.

It's easy to get caught up in gift giving and shopping, to get stressed and overwhelmed and think about all the things we have left to do.

Then something happens. Today while working my way through my google reader, I read a couple of posts that brought me right back down to Earth. Stories of people who will be having a Christmas they'll never forget, and I realized that despite the hardships we've faced this year, we are still blessed.

These are the people that I'll be praying for this Christmas.

- Amanda at The Wink shared the story of her husband's Uncle Dennis, who was hit by a truck last week. Please pray for a full and quick recovery for Dennis. Thanks to Mrs. Chicken, who directed me to Amanda's site.

- Maggie at Okay, Fine, Dammit shared the story of her cousin Ashley, who was in a bad car accident earlier this month. Please pray for Ashley (you can read updates here) and her family, and for a full recovery. Her family will be spending their Christmas this year in the hospital with her. How lucky am I that I'll be at home with my family, healthy and intact?

- Lotus from Sarcastic Mom. Not only is she going through the pain of missing her first lost baby, who was due on Christmas Eve, but she lost her dear little Shaggy at 11w4d earlier this month. I'll be keeping her in my prayers bigtime.

- My 10 year old sister, who will be experiencing her first Christmas with separated parents.

So, what are you most thankful for? Who will you be praying for this Christmas? Is there anyone else that needs my prayers?

To see my regularly updated Prayer Request List, click here.

4 comments:

Megan R. said...

tI'm with you. I have SO much to be thankful for this season. I am going to squeeze chunky monkey extra tight and say a big thank you for all that I have.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

thank you for posting this, a reminder to focus on what is important during the holiday season!

Unknown said...

I am thankful that despite being dumped on by snow and trapped for most of the past week, my family has a home to be warm in. Everything is in working order and even though we have some bumps and bruises, we are all healthy.
Thanks for helping put things into perspective.

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to think that there are families out there experiencing losses and coping with financial burdens at a time of year that is supposed to be joyful. It really makes me cherish my life and family.

Merry Christmas!