July 17, 2009

SYTYCD Top 10: Elimination Recap

This week, Cat chose to wear a burlap sack covered in sequins. It was really strange. And it had strange low cut sleeves. And I just don't get why she wouldn't wear something more flattering. But whatever.

The opening number was choreographed by Wade & Amanda Robson to "So Much Better" by Janet Jackson. It was really cool, Japanese styling, great costumes and set design! It was visually interesting and different. Although when it first started and only the boys were there my husband blurted out "Mortal Kombat" because that's what the hats reminded him of. It was pretty funny.

Nigel wasn't here this week because he was receiving some honorary degree in the UK. I really hate the audition highlights during the show. It's just like a commercial and I think it sucks that they're doing that instead of having guest dancers. I also can't wait for the 100th episode, Ramalama was one of my favorite routines ever and I can't wait to see it again!

I predicted the bottom two girls correctly, and Randi & Melissa danced their solos from last night. I was only 1/2 right about the guys - Kupono was there, and he was joined by Ade.

Mary & Debbie's banter about the Pasa Doble was hilarious. The Black Eyed Peas performed their new single, "Got a Feeling."

In the end, Randi & Kupono were eliminated, and I was glad to see Melissa & Ade stay in it. How did you feel?

3 comments:

jmt said...

Very sad that Ade was in the bottom two. I really believe that Evan needed to be there. His quirkiness is keeping him in, but I don't see him being as versatile. It was Randi's time to go, but Kupono....I was just starting to really enjoy him. I loved his crash test dummy routine in the beginning and then the Addiction routine really got me. Ah well....only one can win right? :(

Amy B. said...

I'm so glad Randi is gone, but I'm devastated that Kupono left. I don't think there's any way he would have won, but I can't believe people are voting for Evan over Ade and Kupono. What is his appeal?

Trina said...

I know I'm late, but that Passo was a hot mess. I don't really get why Evan is still there. He's cute but it seems like he dances all the numbers the same. IDK. Kupono reminds me to much of Mark from last year so I wasn't really feeling him. He was a great dancer though.