July 20, 2009

Moving Still Sucks (shocking, I know)

So it is our second night at our new house. Which is actually not new at all, but the house my husband grew up in. Yesterday was the BIG moving day and we were so not ready for it. In the end we got like 90% of our stuff moved, two UHaul trips and some stuff in cars. Our dishes are still at the old place as is a bunch of random crap and some laundry and stuff. I sort of dread going back to clean out the rest of it because I just want to be done.

Last night we were all super tired and Sam doesn't really get the whole moving thing and so yesterday he played hard all day with my friend's kids and then didn't go to sleep until 10:30. He woke up crying and yelling in bed with us at 2 am and cried for about 45 minutes until I finally put a DVD on our laptop and he calmed down but still took another 45 minutes to go back to sleep. He woke up crying this morning too but not as bad. Poor guy just doesn't get why he is suddenly waking up somewhere weird. Hopefully after having a somewhat normal day today he will be able to sleep better tonight because I really need a good night's sleep.

This move presents some interesting issues since there is still a fair amount of my father in law's book and art and dishes and random stuff that needs to be packed up and moved out to the garage before we can fully unpack. I spent the day feeling tired and overwhelmed all at once and only gettiny little bits of unpacking done and it is making me a bit anxious.

My poor husband is the one who has to put up with me being and anxious overwhelmed frustrated bitch from hell who still needs some kind of emotional support and help with a clingy 3 year old and ARGH!

So basically we are right in the midst of the short term suck of moving before you get at all settled in. Also I have not been online in a couple of days because we don't have the whole internet sitch out here all the way figured out yet. Woo!

Hopefully SOME semblance of normality will return to us soon. Please send positive thoughts and prayers our way. Either that or a gigantic margarita. Whatever.

P.S. I am writing this in opera mini on my blackberry so sorry if the spacing or anything if fuckety.

6 comments:

Melissa aka Equidae said...

If I could, I'd come by and give you a hand as it is I can only wish you well..

Kori said...

Fuckety-isn't that such a marvelous word? I love you.

Jen said...

Hope your little is sleeping better and you guys get settled in soon.

Audrey at Barking Mad said...

I would love to come by and help you unpack. It would get me out of this funk I've settled back into.

*hugs* for little Sam from Gaby. She knows all to well that post-moving angst that he must be going through.

Mrs. M said...

I am pretty impressed you typed all that on your Blackberry! I hope everything calms down very soon - it's been almost a year since we moved and I can still cringe over the stress of it all!

Trina said...

If I lived close enough I'd bring over the blender and whip up a batch of Ritas.