February 3, 2009

Heads or Tails: Peace Be With Them

This week's theme for Heads or Tails Tuesday is something new and fun! We were able to choose from the list of past themes for which theme we'd use for our post today! There were lots of fun choices, but in the end I chose one that would allow me to share some things and people I've been thinking about lately, and ask for your prayers or positive thoughts.

The theme I chose was PEACE. I've been coming across a lot of stories lately that have been touching my heart and giving me new things to pray about. There are a lot of people out there who could use a little peace in their lives, and lately it seems that through the little side paths and channels that I end up walking on the internet, I've come across some people who amaze me with the journeys they are currently traveling.

Kat, who writes at Sunshine & Lemonade needs some good thoughts. Last week, her husband Michael had a brain aneurysm and they've been at the hospital. Lizzy is posting updates on Kat's blog. Michael is doing okay, but still having memory problems and it's going to be a journey for them while his brain heals and he gets healthy again.

Little Tuesday Whitt died last Friday after battling cancer for less than a year. She was only two years old, and left behind a family who loved her very much. Please pray for their continued strength, comfort and peace during this undescribably hard time.

Angie, who writes at Keep Believing needs your support too. Her husband Brian is losing his battle with brain cancer, and he and his family need comfort, prayers for comfortable and peaceful last days, and for peace in the days after for Angie and their little boys. They don't know how long he has. It could be weeks. Or more. Or less. You can read about what you can do here.

Becky of Mommy Wants Vodka. Her daughter, Amelia, was born on January 28 with a small cyst on the back of her head. It could be nothing, and so far the news is good. Please pray for continued good news and health through the surgery she'll need soon!

Cynthia at Confessions of a Yummy Mummy needs us more than ever right now. Yesterday at a routine doctors appointment only 2 weeks before he was supposed to be born, she found out that her little Aiden had passed away due to cord strangulation. There are no words to even try to imagine the pain she's going through right now. Aiden was her first child. Please pray for Cynthia's peace in this time of terrible pain.

If you know anyone out there who needs my prayers right now, please leave a note and/or a link in the comments. I would be happy to pray for them and to add them to my prayer request list, which you can find here.

To read more Heads or Tails posts, click here.

7 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

This is a very strong, loving, and unselfish post if you ask me....it's perfect. Great, it's just awesome...no other words can describe it.

Happy H o T day, My Heads or Tails is posted, hope you can come join me today.

Barb said...

God bless all the people you mentioned .. and their families. God bless you, too, for being thoughtful enough to mention them.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

wow rachael, this post has tears streaming down my face. thank you for sharing everyone who needs our prayers right now. some of these people i have been following and some are new, but each story has left an imprint on my heart.

Tumblewords: said...

How kind of you to bring these wonderful people to the prayer line and to the attention of bloggers. An unselfish act on your part and one which opens our path to our 'better angels'.

Misty DawnS said...

Oh my gosh, my heart and prayers go out to all of these people and their families. Bless you for tell us so that they can receive more thoughts and prayers.

Lucy said...

you are so wonderful to keep others in your prayers. We need more positive vibes for each other. I am reading the secret and it is moving me and I truly believe it is possible to 'make the good things happen'
nice post.

Megan R. said...

I have been following many of these stories and they all make my heart just ache. I'm going to hug Chunky Monkey really close and tell him I love him now.