February 13, 2009

For Valentines Day - A Different Kind of Love

Haiku Friday

I loved you before
you were born, I sang to you
and told you I did

"I love you", words I
whispered for the first time, in
a hospital room

"I love you" as I
rocked you, through first cries, first teeth,
baths, bites, steps, and falls.

"I love you" as you
grew, so tall, your face losing
pudge, becoming boy.

"I love you" as I
hold you while you watch favorite
shows, nuzzling your hair.

"I love you" as we
switch from crib to big bed,
changes as you grow.

"I love you" and then
one day, words I'd seen in your
eyes since you were small.

"I love you" and I
melt, hearing it the first time -
"I lubbu Mama."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hearing that for the first time is awesome!
I promise you, it never gets old. My 3 year old still melts me when he spontaneously says he loves me :)

Mama Wheaton said...

Those are the three most importnt words to share.

storyteller said...

Aw ... how sweet is this! I hope you'll frame this one for display!!!
Hugs and blessings,

Tumblewords: said...

Ah this is so sweet - so sweet!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Sweetest words!

Dawn said...

Wow. That was gorgeous. My fave.

Tink *~*~* said...

"lubba" - that is SO cute! :D

Tink *~~*~*
NEW at My Mobile Adventures *~*~* : Friday the 13th at Walt Disney World