February 26, 2009

13 Things Making Me Smile

I haven't done the Thursday Thirteen for a little while, but this week I had some little bites I wanted to post about, and this seemed like the perfect way! So, I present...

Thirteen Things Making Me Smile Lately

1. I wasn't that happy last night when it snowed like 5 inches, but seeing all the snow with the sun shining down so bright on it is gorgeous. Wish my camera wasn't broken so I could take some pictures!

2. Dennis Leary as Diego the Saber-tooth Tiger in the Ice Age movies.

3. My best friend's 15 month old daughter not only recognizes me now, but comes to me and holds up her arms to ask me to pick her up. Melt my heart!

4. Finally getting a Wii Fit - every store in Bellingham was sold out, but we made a trip down south last weekend, and they had a bunch at Frye's. I haven't played it that much yet, but it's pretty awesome (and kicks my butt).

5. People complimenting my knitting and asking if I would make things for them! Last week Justin wore a scarf I made to work, and the women at one of the places he does IT asked about them and they want me to make scarfs for them to buy from me!

6. Ben Stiller spoofing Joaquin Phoenix at the Oscars. Freaking hilarious. Also, Judd Apatow's little short film with Seth Rogan and James Franco. But could someone please explain to me WHY Hugh Jackman and Beyonce did that weird ass tribute to musicals? Then a weird cameo by Zac and Vanessa and the people from Abba? WTF man?

7. My fleece sheets. I know, I know, I've talked about them before, but they are just THAT GOOD. Seriously, getting in bed at night is so freaking cozy and soft. LOVE THEM.

8. Talking to my sister. The other day my sister called me and we talked on the phone for like half an hour. She lives about 1.5 hours south of me and I don't see her as much as I would like. We don't talk on the phone that often, but when we do, I just feel so happy afterwards. She's 2 years younger than me, and I feel so blessed to have a sister who I've been able to be so close to!

9. Seeing my sister-in-law (even though it makes me sad we don't live closer together). She and my brother-in-law and their 2 kids live a little over 2 hours south of us, and I only see her a few times a year. I really wish we lived closer together, because she's really awesome and we have a lot in common. My brother-in-law is in the military, and when he's done his residency he'll have to serve for a few years (he's a doctor), but I'm hoping after that they'll be able to move back to Bellingham so we can see each other more.

10. Getting a random text message last night from my friend Xotchil who lives in Portland and touching bases with her.

11. Sam randomly pulling out words we haven't heard, like the other day when I said Thank You and he said 'You're Welcome'.

12. The new season of LOST. Seriously. I love it so.

13. Making my own cards. I love going to Michael's and getting blank cards and scrapbooking stickers and making my own stationary and blank cards and thank you cards to send out.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

This is my 8th time doing the Thursday Thirteen - you can join me! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

7 comments:

Eileen said...

Great list, thanks for sharing.

Lynda said...

Great list - I love it when someone complements my knitting too ;0)

Anonymous said...

You sound like such a cheerful person. Send some of that my way if you have some extra.

I posted a TT too. Please feel free to visit, and enter my Fame giveaway while you're there. Thanks.

Megan R. said...

Ooooh, I am jealous of the Wii Fit! We don't have a Wii and cant really afford one, but I would LOVE to have that and Wii Fit, since we don't have a gym membership! Oh, and I was reading your other post about bedtime with Sam, and I just have to say that the comment about the house being the size of a VW bus cracked me up!

Unknown said...

I would love to get a Wii Fit. But I am positive that the moment I hop on that balance board, an ear-piercing shriek of pain and terror will emanate from my Wii and black smoke will come curling up from the console and boom! No more Wii.
Lost is getting really crazy! So Jack, Hurley and Kate are in the past with Jin...or Locke is in the future but he came back to life...? WTF?!

My expressions LIVE said...

Thanks for sharing...great list!

Karen said...

Really great list.