November 2, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 2: It Was Supposed to be Meaningful

NaBloPoMo November 2013I had plans.  I was going to write a great, meaningful post today.  Maybe about Birth Boot Camp and how much I love teaching about natural birth.  Maybe the 6-months belated birthday letter to Sam, whose half birthday is today.  Maybe something else.

But it wasn't meant to be.

I got all of the household chores done.  I played with Sam and felt totally lazy and didn't want to, but I got off my behind and did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen counters, picked up all the toys, took out the trash, and folded and mostly put away the massive pile of laundry that was about to eat our living room.  Danny even fell asleep on the couch - THE BEST!  No bedtime = easy bedtime!  At 8:30 Justin even took charge of putting Sam to bed!

BUT.... there were only 2 pullups left.  And we needed more.  I could have waited until morning, but I would have had to go right away.  So, instead of hunkering down to write my masterpiece while Justin put Sam to bed, I drove to town to get pull ups.

It was an oddly symmetrical trip - it took me exactly 15 minutes to get there, I was in the store for exactly 15 minutes, and it took me exactly 15 to get home!  Now here I am with my laptop, 2 hours later than I anticipated, and not able to put what I hoped to into my post for today.

I have dozens of things on my to-do list on any given day.  I update it twice a week, and a lot of the stuff carries over for weeks or months.  That's okay.  Sometimes I knock out a few items, some days I get to half, and other days at the end of the day I know there are things I want to do, or should be doing, but all I want to do is relax.

After a year at my full time job, I still haven't found a balance.  I don't know if I ever will, really.  I had figured out a while ago that waiting for things to settle down or for a slower time in life is futile - it never happens!  There are always a lot of things to do.  That's one reason I decided to do NaBloPoMo this month - I will never have TIME to blog regularly.  But I miss it, and it's important to me, so I'm going to make more of an effort.

Well, I guess that's meaningful to me after all!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Aww, what a sweet post. I'm loving the pictures. I can't believe how big they both are.