November 12, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 12: Not That Kind of Girl

There are certain things that you will never catch me doing in a million years, because I'm just not that kind of girl.  It's not that I don't see value in these things, or that I judge people negatively for doing them.  It's just that for me, it's never going to happen.  I could kid myself and say there are certain things in life that I'd like to experience or go on some sort of conquest for.  But I know I'll never do these things, and I'm okay with that.  Honestly.  Some of these things are just easier to do when you're younger and don't have so many kids and responsibilities and are more fit.  Some just start to seem too young or distasteful as you grow older.  I mean, let's just agree on this.

I will NEVER:
  • Have a flower garden or landscaping at my home that is free of weeds and looks as nice as the one in front of Danny's daycare. Unless I've hired someone to maintain it for me.
  • Be able to bake anything without following a recipe for measurements.
  • Read any books by Charles Dickens.
  • Eat Foie Gras.
  • Have a TV-free home.
  • Go backpacking.
  • Walk across the Capilano Suspension Bridge, or any other crazy-ass suspension bridge.
  • Compete in any kind of group athletic challenge, up to and including an iron man, a triathalon, or a marathon.
  • Have a house that's dust free.  Unless there's a housekeeper involved.
  • Separate my whites and darks when I do laundry.
  • Floss on a regular basis.
I'm just not that kind of girl!

So, what about you?  What are the things that you just know you'll never do, even if they seem nice/good for you/rewarding to other people you know who do them?

NaBloPoMo November 2013

No comments: