November 19, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 19: Concepts I Just Can't Get Behind

The 12th Man

I just.... can't.  I get that fan support is important, but I bet that they would play without fans for those millions they get to take home.  Just because you put a flag on your car or make a lot of noise in the stadium doesn't make you a part of the team.  You didn't win.  The team won.

Elimination Communication

If you don't know what it is, you can look it up.  But it is basically about "potty training" babies by holding them over the toilet when they do certain cues.  Then people say their baby is potty trained at 12 months or whatever.  Hey, guess what?  You didn't potty train your kid, you trained yourself to hold your kid over the toilet bowl.  What a pain.

"Obamacare"

No, it's not that I dislike the Affordable Care Act.  I think it's a step in the right direction, though I wish we could just go to universal healthcare and actually providing for everyone like they do in Europe.  And yes, I know the tax rates are really high, but the market adjusts and you get used to it, and there's a huge benefit to it.  Anyhow, that is totally off topic.  What I'm talking about here is calling the ACA "Obamacare."  I can't stand it.  It's totally annoying and usually said with this certain tone of voice that makes me want to throat-punch the smug throat that said it.  People do realize that Romney kind of made this plan first as governor?  Why can't we just use the correct name for it??

I'm sure there are more, in fact, I'm pretty sure I just thought of one right before I started writing this and then promptly forgot it.  My brain is not what it used to be, apparently.  Sigh...

No comments: