November 1, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 1: Make It Rain

NaBloPoMo November 2013 Well, I'm biting this bullet!  I must be crazy.  I have really been missing writing lately, and it seems like having a daily prompt that has nothing to do with anything really might be a good way to ease back into the habit.  It'll be fun, and make me think, so here I am!  I'm determined this time.  Maybe some days I'll even skip the prompt and write about whatever I want! So, where do we begin?

Today's Prompt:  If you found one million dollars in the morning and had to spend it by nightfall, what would you do with the money?

I have written posts in the past about what I'd do with a million bucks, or things I'd do if I were rich.  This presents an interesting challenge in that the money must be used by nightfall.  But, here are some things I'd definitely do:

  • Pay off all of our debt, including tax debt, our car, and all of our outstanding medical bills.
  • Buy a new car.
  • Hire someone to come give my house a super-good deep cleaning.
  • Pay my rent in advance for 6 months.
  • Buy a 3DS for my older son, and new Leapster games for my younger.
  • Go shopping and get ALL the Christmas shopping done 2 months early!
  • Buy a package to take my kids to Disneyland and California Adventure.
  • Buy plane tickets to go to my sister's recital in May, the Tarrant County Birth Network Birth Roundup next spring, and for us to fly to Spokane and rent a car instead of driving 7 hours to Colville for Thanksgiving at my other sister's farm.
  • Make a $50,000 donation to the Bellingham Food Bank.
  • Pay off my sister's college loans.
  • Make a $10,000 payment on my cousin Emmy's student loans.
  • Make a $25,000 each on my Mom's house, my best friend's house, and my stepmom's house.
  • Get some new clothes and shoes!
  • Get some marketing materials for my Natural Childbirth Classes, including brochures, business cards, and pens, and pay for renting the space for my next 5 series in advance.
  • Make a $5000 donation to the WISE Birth Doula Collective so they could provide doula services for low income mamas.
  • Make a $5000 donation to my friend Sarah's midwife fund.
What would YOU do with a million bucks and 24 hours?!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Hi, Rachael. I decided to visit some random NaBloPoMo blogs and clicked yours because the blog name was interesting. I was surprised to find out you live in Bellingham, because my girlfriend lived there for a while and would love to return someday.

Good luck posting this month!

Rachael said...

Thanks! I have made it 20 days! Exciting, considering how few times I posted in 2013 before November. Bellingham is pretty great!