January 31, 2012

Week 8: Wah Wah Waaaaah....

Current Weight:   237.4
+/- this week:  +2.4
+/- this round:   -12.4
+/- total:    -29.5
Short Term Goal 2:   225.8 (10%)

Well.  That happened.

This week was a huge challenge for me.  I knew that I wasn't going to see a loss on the scale today, I just didn't think it would be this big a gain.

I had a bad week mentally, including one really bad day.  When I'm feeling stressed or down, when I'm feeling scowly and dark, it makes it hard for me to eat right.  I made bad choices.  I used my weekly points in the exact way I DON'T like to use them - spread out over several days.  It never works as well as using them for one or two special occasions.  I didn't meet my goal for exercise either, I got one good walk in with Justin on Friday, and walked for about an hour with Danny in his stroller one day, but other than that?  Not a lot of activity.

So... this week is another week, and hopefully it will be better.  I'm disappointed in myself, but I also recognize that slip ups are going to happen once in a while.  I'm trying to take the attitude that this is just a bump in the road and I'm past it now.  It's not always easy to look at things this way, but there's not much point in getting down on myself.

I'm already doing better this week.  My eating hasn't been super great today, but I went to the mall and walked around for about 45 minutes, then went for a 40 minute walk outside.  So, that's good.  A few weeks ago, I had thought about trying to get up before everyone else to do one of my workout videos.  I never did it.  Because I like sleeping.  Maybe this week I'll actually try that.  We'll see.

As for challenges this week, nothing out of the ordinary happening.  We have date night tonight, so I will use some of my weekly points today.  For the rest of the week, I'll probably try not to use them at all since that's what works best for me.

Starting Weight 1 (Feb 2009):  267 lbs
Starting Weight 2 (Dec 2011):  249.8 lbs
Starting BMI:  41.8

Weight Lost:  29.5 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Goal BMI:  25.1

Short Term Goal 1: 237.8 (5%) - Met 1/24/12
Short Term Goal 2: 225.8 (10%)

Long Term Goal: 160 lbs
To Go: 77.4 lbs

2 comments:

Teri M said...

I think as long as you recognize that you had a bad week and can just keep looking ahead you will be a-okay and those numbers will start going down next week. 

Enz said...

I missed this post...I've noticed lately that some blogs don't show up as refreshed in my list...and I have to go hunt them down and realise I've missed posts! I hate that. I hope this week was infinitely better for you - and not just on the scale. Hugs.