January 23, 2012

Penguins Are Disgusting

S:  Mama.  Mama.  Mama.  I have to tell you something.
R:  Yes?
S:  I love you.
R:  I love you too.
S:  I never stop loving you.
R:  I never stop loving you either.
S:  When I am angry, I never stop loving you.  You are the best at Kirby's Adventures in Dreamland.

Isn't it lovely how a sweet conversation still becomes something that revolves around video games?

*****

Twice in the last two days, Sam and I have had laughing fits together.  Something funny is said, then we laugh, his laughing sets me off and then my laughing sets him off, and we just laugh and laugh.  In those moments, there is nothing but pure joy.

*****

S:  Some things are the same, and some are different.  God and Jesus are supposed to be the same.
R:  Oh?  Who is Jesus?
S:  He is the one who decides if you are a boy or a girl.  And what color your eyeballs are.  That's all I can think of right now.
R:  Who is God?
S:  I don't know.

*****

S:  Penguins are disgusting.
R:  What?  Why?
S:  The way penguins eat is disgusting.  They eat food out of other penguin's mouths.  It's disgusting.
R:  Well... actually, a lot of birds eat that way.  But it is kind of gross.

1 comment:

tracismixedbag said...

Laughing fits are a great way to bond. Sometimes early in the morning my husband and I will have the greatest conversations that evoke uncontrollable giggling and later in the day as hard as we try we can't remember what those conversations were. I guess it's corny but our hearts remember.