January 17, 2012

Week 6: There snow official weigh in this week

Current Weight:   239.2 - 10.6 pounds! (unofficial)
+/- this week:   -1.0
+/- total:    -27.7
Short Term Goal 1:   237.8 (5%)

I didn't go to my meeting today.


This is WASHINGTON.  People freak out a bit at an inch or two of snow.


Let alone a foot.


I don't even know if the Weight Watchers office was open today.  But I certainly wasn't going anywhere with my bald tires.



Also, I have a cold.  And Sam is sick.  So basically, it's been a pretty low key day.  School will probably be closed again tomorrow, and possibly Thursday.  It's snowing again right now, and we will get 0-9 more inches tonight.

So.  This week, I ended up not having any real big challenges.  My book club was cancelled, so that wasn't an issue.  I did not get as much exercise as I would have liked.  I had planned to walk some over the weekend, and that didn't happen.

For some reason, I didn't use all of my daily points any day this week.  I don't know if I have passed that hump of feeling hungry all the time, or if it's because this cold was coming on.  I didn't use any of my 49 weekly points either.  I have a feeling I am actually down more than a pound... my scale used to match the ones at the office, but I'm not sure it does anymore.  I guess we'll find out next week.  I also pulled out my Just Dance Wii game and did it for 45 minutes the other day while Sam was at school.  I got 8 activity points, and Danny was fairly cooperative, so I'll probably try to do that kind of thing more often.

With a foot of snow on the ground, I'm really looking forward to it getting warmer outside and being able to walk outside more.  Oh well.  This week and next week will probably be the main part of our winter - we usually don't get more than one or two big snows a year, and it's usually not even this much.  When it does get warmer, I think I might try doing Couch 2 5K.  We'll see.

Challenges I foresee this week are Bunco on Thursday night, visiting my best friend in Seattle Friday night, and going to dinner at our friend's house Saturday.  I'll try to get some extra activity points, and save up my weekly extra points, as well as eating light those days until the event.  It's all about portion control, and I'm finding my willpower is better than it used to be.

If you're on Weight Watchers, here's a question for you.  Do you save up your extra weekly points and use them for one or two special outings/events?  Or do you use them gradually throughout the week, some each day?  I feel like if I save them and use them up when we go out to dinner or I have book club or whatever that I do better loss-wise than if I spread them out and use some each day.  Just wondering what other people's experiences have been like!

I'll be back next week with an OFFICIAL weigh in!  

Starting Weight 1 (Feb 2009):  267 lbs
Starting Weight 2 (Dec 2011):  249.8 lbs
Starting BMI:  41.8

Weight Lost:  27.7 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Goal BMI:  25.1

Short Term Goal 1: 237.8 (5%)
Short Term Goal 2: 225.8 (10%)

Long Term Goal: 160 lbs
To Go: 79.2 lbs

5 comments:

Enz said...

I have done it both ways depending on whats going in my life any given week, but I also find that a "splurge" doesn't stick around the way a few extra points add up each day to a small gain. Just my personal observations!

Would love to see you do C25K!!!!

Up here in the frozen north, we have had two very minor snow falls and I am praying it doesn't decide to hit at the end of March!!!

Lauren Exnicios said...

Congrats on the loss!  I have done WW several times, most recently to lose my baby weight.  I think it is the best program out there.  Good luck with WW and the snow.  WA definitely isn't used to this snow. 

Mrs4444 said...

I can't tell you how much I envy your snow! I live in Wisconsin, and we have maybe two inches on the ground! On the bright side, it's going to be 15-below-zero windchill tomorrow (which means my recess duty will be INside!)

I'm very proud of you, Rachael. Congratulations on putting yourself first in a very healthy way.

I hope you made it to Bunco!:)

Ange @ GnomeAngel said...

HOLY CRAP that's a lot of snow! 

I found saving them for a special event was always my key strategy.  That way I could go out, enjoy myself (cause it's all about the food) and then not worry about blowing my allocation.  Oh how I love WW... such a great program.

Ange @ GnomeAngel said...

HOLY CRAP that's a lot of snow! 

I found saving them for a special event was always my key strategy.  That way I could go out, enjoy myself (cause it's all about the food) and then not worry about blowing my allocation.  Oh how I love WW... such a great program.