January 10, 2012

Week 5: The First Disappointment

Current Weight:   240.2
+/- this week:   -0.2
+/- total:    -26.7
Short Term Goal 1:   237.8 (5%)

Well, that was disappointing.

I went to my Weight Watchers meeting today HOPING that I would hit 10 pounds lost this time around (I was at 9.4 last week), and I didn't.  I guess I wasn't too hopeful, because I know that I made some less than stellar choices this week.  Oh well, tomorrow starts a new week, and I WILL hit that 10 pounds next week.

One of this week's challenges (and somewhere I went a bit wrong) was book club.  I ate more pieces than I needed of the chocolate slice (cake/brownie thing) than I should have, and I got fast food on my way home because I was wanting something more substantial than the snacks I'd had there.  I could have just done a chicken sandwich at Wendy's, which would have been a better choice.  Instead, I had a personal pan pizza from the Taco Bell/Pizza Hut.  I also did not get as much activity this week as I would have liked.

I think I am getting to the point where I need to step up my intensity of activity.  Going for long, slow, walks is great, but I'm going to get more out of it if I up the difficulty.  So, I am going to talk to Justin tonight about planning for me to take walks on the weekends without the kids.  I am also mildly considering trying to get up before my family every day and do some type of workout video or do the Wii Fit.  This seems like a completely crazy idea considering that I'd have to be up at 6:15 or 6:30 AND I am the opposite of a morning person.  BUT maybe I would get used to it.  Maybe I would get more done, and feel better during the day.  I'm not committed yet, but we'll see...

This week's challenges:  date night tonight (I ate light today in preparation though), and my other book club on Monday night.  My plan is portion control, and eating light Monday during the day so I'll have more points for dinner.  

Starting Weight 1 (Feb 2009):  267 lbs
Starting Weight 2 (Dec 2011):  249.8 lbs
Starting BMI:  41.8

Weight Lost:  26.7 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Goal BMI:  25.1

Short Term Goal 1: 237.8 (5%)
Short Term Goal 2: 225.8 (10%)

Long Term Goal: 160 lbs
To Go: 80.2 lbs

3 comments:

Liz said...

You can do it! Minor set backs will happen. Stay focused like you are! Perhaps start with 2 days early AMs that you can plan for. See if you notice a difference on those days.

Trish said...

A friend of mine raves about Zumba for the Wii. Maybe that would be a fun option to try? I totally hear you about the morning workouts. I tried to do 30 minutes on my bike every morning and that lasted about two days. I'm so not a morning person! Doesn't hurt to try, though, and as always, find what works best for you and that you'll keep up with.

Enz said...

You have a great plan for this week :) You're still losing steadily, so you' re doing the right things. Keep doing it.