April 24, 2009

Love

Haiku Friday

Sometimes, life is hard
I struggle to pull myself
up and fly again

Happiness comes though,
every day in hugs, kisses,
and conversations

Some days are special,
shining blindingly bright in
front of me, warming

The people in my
life are the beacons of hope
my love is endless

I read for as long as I can, until the motion of the bus invades my stomach and the vibration of the page is too much.

I mark my page and switch off the tiny light. The result is total darkness, I lean my head back and reflect.

Hours spent with friends today. Two in particular, our time in the car full of conversation, camaraderie and confidences. My heart swells with my love for them, puffing out like a marshmallow in the microwave, filling my chest and the corners of my mind.

My confidants. My supports. These are my women.

I see my life as it is. There are holes, uncertainties. But some things remain - friendships like a light in the dark, they take me away and let me fly.

For more Haiku Friday posts, click here!

8 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from SITS to say hi! What lovely words!


And my e-mail is on www.aduckinherpond.com!

Ashlie- Mommycosm said...

Beautiful haiku!

Mariposa said...

So very true! Great 'ku!

Cathy said...

those kinds of moments with friends are worth more than gold.

Kat said...

What a beautiful haiku!! It is as if you are speaking through my own heart!!

The Chocoholic said...

That's great!
Stopping by via SITS to say hello.
Have a great weekend!

Ruminations said...

Beautifully expressed!
Hugs and blessings,

Maude Lynn said...

Oh, wow! This is just lovely!