April 8, 2009

(Almost Really Not) Wordless Wednesday: Stellan's Story


Have you heard about Stellan? That's him, up there sleeping.

When Stellan was still warm and snug in his Mama's tummy, he was diagnosed with a heart problem. They said he wouldn't live, and would be born still.


Stellan made it full term. When he was born, his heart problem was gone.


When he was two months old, Stellan got RSV. That's when things started to turn. Stellan couldn't breathe. Stellan ended up in the hospital, and they were very worried about him. But he managed to avoid getting intubated, and was able to go home a few days later.

Stellan was at home, playing with his adorable brothers and sisters and charming the pants off of all of us until March 23. He got sick again. He couldn't breathe, and it wasn't RSV this time, or the flu. Then they did an EKG, and Stellan's heart rate was almost 300 beats per minute. Stellan was back in Supra Ventricular Tachycardia, the same state he was in when he nearly died inside his momma.

Since then, Stellan has been in the hospital. He was in SVT for a long time, then started flipping into V-Tach, Ventricular Tachycardia, which is potentially deadly and more dangerous than SVT. On March 27, Stellan got a central line installed, and you can read all about that and a lot more about what SVT is in this post at My Charming Kids.


Stellan is still in the hospital. He is still going into SVT a lot, though he has had bouts of more normal heartbeat. This week, Stellan got some new doctors, and they're making a plan.

Stellan's momma is MckMama. She is absolutely amazing. This week I read through all of her blogs about Stellan. I had heard of him before, and thought he was a sick little boy, but his story is so much more rich. That he was even born was a miracle. He was at home for nearly six months living like a normal baby. But now, Stellan needs our prayers. MckMama's whole family does - her other kids who have a sick brother, and her wonderful husband.

I read through Stellan's story and I cried. I was brought to tears, and humbled by MckMama's posts this week. I can't help thinking that Stellan is doing as well as he is because he is surrounded by the amazing faith of his family. To go through all of this, and to be able to speak of God and believe there is a purpose... it's absolutely amazing. It makes me feel small, and at the same time lifts me up and fills me with awe at the amazing love that exists in this world.

Prayers for Stellan
I'm praying for Stellan. I hope you will too.

For more actually wordless Wordless Wednesday posts, click here.

*All pictures are taken by MckMama, who also just happens to be an amazing photographer, and are linked to the posts on her blog where they appeared, where you can see them full size.

11 comments:

Gabriel said...

Oh, wow, what a story... We will all pray for Stellan, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

I have prayed for Stellan and I will continue to pray for him and his entire family.

Jadehollow said...

Hey Rachel,
Thanks for stopping by and for the comment. Stellan is such a special lil man .. he and the whole "Mck" family are continuously in my prayers. Have a blessed Easter.
Debbie

na said...

He is a very beautiful boy! We will continue to pray for him.

annies home said...

Love that story and reminded of this verse
But He said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (Luke 18:27)

this I always believe

Mama Wheaton said...

Will add him and his family to our prayer list.

Mimi said...

Oh, I have been following Stellans story with prayers. I'm so rooting for the Lord to help pull him out of this.

Can you believe how poised & faithful MckMama is through all of this? She's an amazing woman.

Robyn Jones said...

Thanks for sharing Stellans story...He is such a little miracle....We will pray for him....

Megan R. said...

I've been following Stellan's story since before he was born. I pray for the MckFamily every day.

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

I continue to keep Stellan in my thoughts! Great post.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog yesterday!

BK said...

I am wishing all the goodness to Stellan in all areas of his life and especially to his health now. A young and brave boy.