April 23, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: Things I said to my 10 year old sister last week

I haven't been participating in the Thursday Thirteen every week, but I was definitely inspired during my trip to St. Louis last week!

I'm a natural list maker as well, so given the opportunity, why not?! If you want to join in the Thursday Thirteen, see the information below my thirteen!

Thirteen Things I Said to My 10 Year Old Sister in St. Louis Last Week
  1. You can't just turn left on red because there are no other cars visible. We went to a movie, and on the way home she got on my case for getting too close to a car because she couldn't see their back tires, then two minutes later, she wanted me to turn left on a red arrow. At an intersection of two four lane roads.
  2. You do realize that hobos are hungry, cold, don't have bathrooms, and are treated like less than nothing, right? For some reason, my 10 year old sister is obsessed with hobos. First, she kept talking about there being hobos in the town she lives in, and I explained that hobos ride trains, and that they're not just homeless people. Now she keeps saying she is going to be a hobo when she grows up.
  3. If you keep saying that until we get to the car, I will punch you in the face. Said in the most teasing of sisterly manners of course. She kept repeating "shotgun" over and over, and I didn't even care that much if she sat in the front. Although she obviously did care. A lot.
  4. He only hurt people he knew, his family. We saw a giant "Wanted" billboard with the person's picture on it. The charges were domestic violence and criminal assault. She was asking questions, and asking where he was, saying she was scared by it. We were explaining that the charges meant that he'd only hurt his family, that we didn't know why. That sometimes people had problems and needed help.
  5. They still smell like farts! We played some trivia at a restaurant we were at. Lianna named our team "The Beastinators". We tied for first against a team called "Smells like Farts", but then they got re-scored and they beat us by one point. So I comforted my sister by reassuring her they still lived up to their name.
  6. You smell like onions and slime! During a wonderful back and forth text messaging insult conversation as we sat right next to each other in the living room.
  7. Sometimes when someone doesn't want to be your friend anymore, it is really hard. My Dad had a friend who he liked a lot, and she wasn't interested the same way. Now they don't talk much anymore, and he mentions her in conversation. I was trying to explain to her that it can be really hard when you want to be friends with someone and they don't want to be your friend, and you don't really know why they just don't like you anymore.
  8. Scrubs are the blue clothes doctors wear. She asked if I watched Scrubs, then wanted to know why it was called that.
  9. Stop whining! Really? She's 10. Do you need an explanation?
  10. You can't call shotgun until you can see the car. After the incessant "shotgun" shouting.
  11. I don't CARE! Trying to get the point across about my relationship with the backseat.
  12. Don't tell Dad! I hit a curb while turning right, and laughed then blurted this out. She immediately texted him and told him.
  13. See you in a couple weeks! This is my favorite one! She is coming with my stepmom on the 30th and will be here for Sam's birthday! Yay!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

8 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Love #5.

My 13 is posted. What I see on the back of a cereal box...it's a fun 13 this week...come join me if you find time.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

#5 cracked me up!!!!

This is really neat; I might have to join sometime.

Unknown said...

She'll remember times like that for a long time to come. Fun list!
Happy T13!

Happily Retired Gal said...

Entertaining list ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Mia Celeste said...

Ten-year-olds are some of my favorite people. Sometimes they're funny, but other times they're incredibly wise. Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

We all need a ten year old to hang with every now and again. You're lucky!

Happy TT

~X

Daily Panic said...

Kids make the adults say the darndest things! Thanks for sharing.

Suburban Turmoil said...

Ha! I totally can see my daughter having this kind of conversation with one of my stepdaughters when SHE's ten! :)