April 9, 2009

WW Week 10 Update: 10 lbs!

Current Weight: 257
+/- this week: -0.8
+/- total: -10.2
Short Term Goal: 250
Long Term Goal: 150

This week's update is a few days late. Last week, I worked out five times. I earned 40 exercise points. I stayed within my weekly points, and I felt really good about it. I knew I was going to get my 10 lbs, I only needed a 0.6 loss to get it. But I thought that I was going to get at least 1.5 or 2 lbs with all the work that I'd done.

But I forgot that I had a thyroid problem. That I have other health problems. So at weigh-in I was faced with a loss of less than one pound.

This is where I've always gotten caught up in the past. Working SO hard, and not seeing nearly the result that other people might. And I was disappointed. Why do all that work when the week before I hadn't earned as many activity points, and had the same amount of weight loss? It's just really frustrating.

I should have known when I got the call from my doctor with my bloodwork results, saying she was upping my dose of Levoxyl by 50%. That means that it wasn't working the way it needs to yet. Between that and the insulin resistance, is it really any surprise that I'm not losing weight like a 'normal' person?

It doesn't make it less. The disappointment is real, and whether it's rational or not doesn't really enter the picture. But I'm going to keep it up. I'm not giving up, I'm not stopping. I just KNOW that this time around, it's going to work. It has to. There isn't another option.

Ten pounds might not feel like a lot right now, but it IS something, and it's ten pounds more than I've ever been able to lose before. I'm getting healthier, I'm getting into better shape. If nothing else, I have my motivation image to remember. This is 10 pounds of butter:

And that's how much extra I'm not carrying around now. So, woot for that!

2 comments:

Olive Tree Guitar Ensemble said...

Hi, it's a very great blog!
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Kori said...

YES! I know that in some ways it is a disappointment but keep those squares of butter in your mind to remind yourself that you are, indeed, kicking some serious ass. I adore you.