April 14, 2009

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis!

Today's theme for Heads or Tails Tuesday is "Reason". Perhaps we should start with the reason I'm blogging before 8 am today. It's 7:37 in the morning, which is way too early for me to be up and showered, as evidenced by my semi-upset stomach. Urgh. I figured out long ago that I'm a night owl. No matter how many years I worked at jobs that got me up at 6, it will never be okay for my body to get up before 8.

Today I'm flying to St. Louis to visit my Dad and sister. I am very excited, but have also been feeling more apprehensive than I usually do about traveling. For some reason, I'm having a harder time leaving Sam than I usually do, even though he's been sort of a pain (tantrum city) the last few days.

This morning I realized a possible reason for the way I'm feeling. I'm traveling, which is not anything new. However, today I'm traveling ALONE. I started thinking, and I can't remember the last time I flew anywhere alone. I know when I was 18 I flew to England by myself for my study abroad. There may have been at least once since then that I flew to visit family by myself. But for my entire life, I've always traveled WITH someone. Either my sister, my husband, a friend, or my son. This may only be the 3rd or 4th time I've flown by myself, and I don't even remember the last time.

Why that would freak me out I have no idea. But it could be one subconscious reason that I'm feeling really antsy today! So, keep me in your thoughts today! I'm taking my laptop and since I'm going solo - no Sam - I will be able to post a little bit, plus I have some awesome guest posts lined up!

To read more Heads or Tails Tuesday posts, click here.

7 comments:

Barb said...

I am so NOT a morning person either. UGH!

How exciting to be going to visit your dad and sister. Do you get to see them often?

I've never traveled alone. You're a braver person than me. :)

Mimi said...

I've only flown 3 times in my life. It sounds like a fun adventure to fly off by youself. I hope you can enjoy it.

{{hugs}}

Grace said...

Have a good trip. Funny... I usually fly alone... seems odd sometimes when I have with family or friends on my flights. Most of my younger years flying was for fun (and friends couldn't afford to travel with me... and dad worked for an airline).. now it's on business... so again, usually alone. Come check out my HOTs when you get hooked up again. OH... and blog later about how it went... flying solo..

Tumblewords: said...

It's interesting how one becomes accustomed to having someone around - makes it hard to learn solo again. Hope you enjoyed your flight and that your visit is superb!

Robyn Jones said...

My son and I are both sooooo not morning people. I will go get him when I hear he is awake, and he will actually say NO to me and shut his door...LOL!

My little Gracie is the opposite..always smiles...

Have a good trip....I have never flown alone...

Misty DawnS said...

I traveled alone for the first time this past Thanksgiving holiday. It was worth it, because I had my dad waiting for me when the plane landed ;-)

Michelle said...

You should stop by and say hi while you're here.