April 8, 2009

Peace for the Spohrs

I wrote about Stellan today. Then this morning, I read that Maddie had passed away last night. At some point, you'll be able to read Maddie's story at The Spohrs are Multiplying, but right now her Mama Heather's website is down because of the high traffic.

I look at Maddie's picture, and can't stop the tears from coming. She was just sick. And then she was gone. I look at my child on the couch and thought he is healthy, I know that life is uncertain. It could be any one of us.

I don't have money to give right now, but I can offer my condolences. I don't know the Spohrs personally, but I will be sending my prayers in this unimaginably hard time. If you've got the means, you can donate in Maddie's name to March of Dimes. March of Dimes helped the Spohrs during Heather’s pregnancy and Maddie’s hospitalization after premature birth.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Man, the hits just keep coming to these little ones. I cry just thinking about it.

And now having JD driving I'm so scared of him getting into an accident!

Auds at Barking Mad said...

I can hardly breath. The pain and agony of reading about Maddie's death has left me reeling and gasping for breath. Sweet beautiful Maddie with the most gorgeous blue eyes you've ever seen and a smile that could be seen from space.

You mentioned Stellan...I've been following Stellan's story for months now and I'm almost afraid to click over for fear of what I might read.