April 16, 2009

My 'Where the Wild Things Are"

So, it's been all over the internet since the day it was released - people are really excited about the trailer for the new movie based on Maurice Sendak's book "Where the Wild Things Are". People posted that they were absolutely in love with it, and that the preview made them cry. I saw the trailer at the theater, and I thought it looked pretty good, but I didn't get all crazy over it. But then, two previews later....



"Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs"? Only my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE children's books. I watched the trailer, and I'd heard they were doing a movie, but when I realized what it was I gasped in my breath and got SO excited. I so can't wait to see this movie! Also, I just looked at IMDB and it has the voices of Bruce Cambpell, Mr. T and Tracy Morgan. Score.

What is your favorite kids book? What storybook would you love to see made into a movie?

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Way to hide that navbar!

My favorite story to read right now is Mr. Brown Can Moo. Not sure if that would translate into a movie;)

MarĂ­a said...

Is that a recent book? I'd never heard of it before I saw the preview. I must admit that I'm excited for WTWTA too. :)

Momo Fali said...

I have a lot of favorites, but the one I go back to over and over is The Diggingest Dog.

Mom said...

If you don't see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs with me, I'll give you a spanking!