July 11, 2008

Haiku Friday: Kidless Edition

Haiku Friday


The boy was gone this
week from Saturday until
Tuesday afternoon

I slept in until
noon on Monday with nothing
to interrupt me

I spent time alone
Took a walk by my lonesome
Watched grown up TV

Read books and did work
No worries about the end
of the nap coming

Went out with hubby
No babysitter needed
A break from Momness

But... no giggles and
no grins, no babbling voice
no cuddles at night

When Grandma knocked
Little hand in hers, my boy
coming home at last

So much bigger than
I remembered him being
Could he have grown so?!

Just my memory
Playing tricks on me, my son
standing up so tall

Hugs and laughter now
Freedom gone in a flash, but
I don't want it back


Read more Friday Haikus!

5 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

You said it beautifully! Grrreat Haiku! Cute little man too!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely awesome. Some alone time to kick back and relax was probably nice, but it sounds like you were thrilled to have him back. Win. Win. All good. Loved this haiku.

Joyce said...

What a sweetie pie your son looks to be! I can imagine you love that little smunchie-kins. :)

Karen Coutu said...

Awww!! I'm glad you got some adult time, but have your baby home again.

MarĂ­a said...

Off topic, but I've been trying to get to your blog all damn week. I kept putting in snowt, or tsnow, or snow-t.blogspot.com.

Damn I'm an idiot.