July 23, 2008

Project Runway Week 2: Why Brown Satin?

Justin is being really nice and letting me watch PR right now event though it probably annoys the poop out of him. What a nice guy, huh?

"Remnants of nonsense" might be one of my new favorite phrases. Poor designers. The models saw pretty stuff, but not all of them knew what they were doing at all. Haha. Funny. Why did like four models pick brown shiny satiny fabric? So odd.

That urban woman (Stella) was annoying me, I felt like she really wasn't listening to her model, she just wanted to do what SHE was good at. You have to consider your client lady. That's the whole point of the challenge.

Now that we're talking about that urban woman, I don't really like her. I don't like that lion face guy (they just showed his name, it's Blayne) either. I also am not sure I like Suede now that he is talking about himself in the third person. At least I can remember his name without them showing it though.

I didn't expect Natalie Portman! I didn't know she had a shoe collection, but I guess that's partly the point. Off the cuff:

Favorites:
Suede (I didn't like the colors personally, but the dress looked really cool, I really liked the top part and it looked like it was a lot of detail. Also, when Natalie said she'd wear it, I immediately pictured her in it - cute!)
Daniel (turned out well, I can't believe he almost didn't finish)
Jennifer (didn't like the colors, but great design)

Least Favorites:
Korto (the color was hideous and it looked inside out)
Blayne (WTF was that weird arm cowl thing?)
Leanne (looked totally pinned together/unfinished)
Kelli (didn't like the design and what the hell was all that rick rack hanging off the back?)
Emily (so short... looked like a bathing suit)
Kensley (no with the collar. Just NO.)
Jerell (hated it. ugly, weird beads... ugly)

Winner:
Suede!

Auf wiedersehen:
Wesley

Farewell, so long, auf wiedersehen, good night...

No comments: