July 28, 2010

Yesterday ROCKED: 13 Reasons Why


It's Thursday, and today's 13 is really simple.

13 Things That Made Yesterday Awesome

1. My house was cleaner than it has ever been, including when we moved in. This is thanks in part to me, and thanks in part to my husband who literally cleaned the bathroom floor w/Clorox wipes.

2. ALL the laundry is done and put away. Of course it's perpetually building, but we do not have enough for another full load yet.

3. Wednesday night, Danny slept almost all night!! He slept from about 8 or 8:30 until about 5, then ate and went back to sleep for another 2 hours.

4. My emails were all answered before 10 AM.

5. My feedreader was EMPTY by 10 AM, including having already commented on blogs I wanted to comment on.

6. I went shopping at Trader Joes with Danny. I ended up having a 10 minute long conversation with one employee about various things including how cute she thought he was. At the checkout, the cashier bagging my groceries disappeared then came back with a boquet of flowers and said 'Congratulations Mama' and gave them to me! So. Sweet.

7. Potluck lunch at my Mom's beautiful house with all the ladies from my book club, including delicious marionberry pie and sour cherry brownies.

8. My Stepmom & 11 year old sister arriving to visit from New Jersey, seeing our house and our new little boy for the first time. Looking forward to the next 6 days with them!

9. Discovering that if we link our DirectTV account and bundle with our phone & internet, we can PROBABLY get all 3 for less than or the same amount we're paying now for only phone and internet, but get more channels and a DVR box instead of the 14 year old sattelite dish receiver we're currently using.

10. Being able to choose anything I wanted to eat for breakfast & dinner courtesy of a fully stocked fridge by my awesome husband, who went to the grocery store at 11:00 Tuesday night so that we'd have food for ourselves & our guests.

11. Sam did SO much better in the morning getitng ready to go to the babysitter, probably because we'd talked a lot about it the night before. He was actually smiling in the morning instead of crying about how he wanted to stay home.

12. Homemade Mexican food for dinner, including homemade guacamole with somehow perfectly ripe avacados my husband picked out.

13. Malibu & Coke.

What rocked your life yesterday, or this week?

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

18 comments:

Sherwin Goerlitz said...

Oh that every day we might look back and say, What an awesome day!

Heather said...

I've had a pretty good week. Monday was dinner out to celebrate a friend's birthday - we had the best time laughing together. Wednesday a couple of the same friends and I attended Concert on the Square - warm evening without being unbearably hot, a nice breeze, beautiful music, and the company of good friends. Doesn't get much better than that!

CountryDew said...

Sounds like life is awesome for you right now. Congrats on the little one.

Jennie said...

Is there a secret to picking out a perfectly ripe avocado? It seems like an impossible task for me!

Now I want to know what sour cherry brownies are!

Sounds like a truly awesome day!

Cheryl said...

Wow. You did have a good day. I am also interested in the sour cherry brownies! How sweet was it to get a bouquet of flowers from a stranger.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see ya around!

Mrs. M said...

awesome day!! :)

Anne said...

Inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Rock on, Mama.

April said...

That does sound like a completely awesome day!

jillconyers said...

I can see why your day rocked...awesome!

Julie said...

If number two ever EVER happened in my house I would feel like a million bucks. It always manages to get washed and folded... never makes it to the closet.

Have a great visit with your family and high five on the awesome week!

Making It Work Mom said...

I have to admit that is a pretty awesome day!!!! I don't think I can compete with that. I did have a nice dinner with two of my children. When you have three all the time and all of sudden you only have two it seems like a big difference. These are two who don't play with each other often so it was nice for them to play and enjoy each other!

Americanising Desi said...

that home made mexican food made my mouth waterrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Sociopersonal Snapshots

Kristen said...

I hope the rest of your week turns out as productive and smooth. Your hubby sounds like a great helper!

Unknown said...

Excellent post!! What a wonderful day - good for you and yahoo with the little one!

Daisy said...

I so love this idea -- there is a group that does this every week? I think the act of writing out what was good makes it sink in more. Plus, if you're feeling rotten later in the day/week you have something concrete to look at and pull you out of the funk!

Ok so for myself: today I did 20 minutes of cardio, yay, I woke up early so I could get a shower in before playing with my little guy (makes a big difference in how awake I feel), I only had 2.5 cups of coffee, and I figured out what to wear to hubby's HS reunion this weekend. Not bad!!

Rachael said...

Daisy, the meme is lists of 13, you can write about 13 of anything you'd like! I just chose to focus on the awesomeness this week.

Sounds like you had a good day too!

SuzRocks said...

mmmmmm...Guacamole. That sounds really good right about now!