July 22, 2010

Friday Fragments: Blogs on the Brain

Mommy's Idea

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post. Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

Wow, what an amazing week this has been! I have not had a ton of time for blogging, but I think I'm keeping up all right.

- On Monday, I started the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge. Created by Darren at Problogger, I'm participating in the project with a group of over 500 women at the SITS Forum on BlogFrog. In addition, I was invited a couple of days before it started to be a SITS Girls Community Lead for this project, which means I'm helping with organizing, posting the official threads, commenting, and answering questions. It's only Day 5 and it's been an absolutely AMAZING experience so far! I am loving it. I had a ton of comments on my last post, which felt great. I've been exploring new blogs, connecting with people on Twitter and Blog Frog and on Day 5 I already feel like I've learned a ton. If you're not participating in this challenge, it's not too late to join us. If you don't think now is the time, I would absolutely recommend completing this 31 day workbook at some point in the future and checking out Darren's blog.

- Sam is COMPLETELY OBSESSED with Transformers. Right now, we have four different TV series of the cartoons in our computer for him to watch. He loves them. He walks around singing the theme song all the time, which means that generally it's stuck in my head 24/7. It's interesting to see him latch on to something so much because it's the first time this has really happened!

- Sam calls his big toes his "thumb toes."

- Danny is 10 weeks old - can you even believe it?! He seems giant. When I hold him standing for too long, my arms start to get tired. He's doing pretty well, we are definitely enjoying all his smiles! I can't wait until he starts laughing.

- This week I was going through my old blog posts and reading some, and it was a lot of fun. Reading some of my old posts, like A Perfect Moment and My Future, My Hope and this post about being a mom brought tears to my eyes and reminded me why I love to write, and how much I want to get my focus back on recording a lot of the moments I'm experiencing in life.

- I am SO excited that next week my Stepmom and little sister Lianna (11 yrs old) are coming to visit from New Jersey and meet Danny for the first time! I can't wait for whatever adventures happen while they're here.

- I discovered some new blogs this week and two of my favorites are fellow moms who blog! The first is The Funsucker Chronicles. I knew I'd like it as soon as I saw the name, then when I saw her header? Hilarious! The other is 1000 Reasons I'm a Crap Mom. I like her unique take on the mommy blog. They're both funny and real, and I'm looking forward to reading them regularly!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! OMG! yep, that's text speak. I can't believe you mentioned my blog in your post! Thank you thank you thank you. I am so new at this. It's such a boost to my psyche. Did I spell that right? Anyway, a thousand times, thank you. You rock my socks!

Oh and 1000 Reasons I'm a Crap Mom is huckin' filarious!

The Laundress said...

I'm looking back on old blogging too. I miss it. I'm hoping to transition into Working Terrible Mommy Blogger in the next few weeks...Miss your blog.

Glad to "See" you...Congrats on the (not so little) little baby?

Unknown said...

Whenever I look back on my posts from long ago - I wonder that anybody still reads me. Glad to hear that the newest member of the family is thriving. Have a good visit with family - from Jersey, you say?

I was born in New Jersey - New Brunswick.

LAC said...

I love finding new reads. Adding the two you mentioned to my google reader. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa @ Grandma's Briefs said...

Love the "thumb toes"! What a creative thinker.

You're doing a super job helping out for 31DBBB. I hope it's allowing you time to do the challenge yourself!

Love the site! I'll be back!

One Photo said...

That SITS challenge sounds like a wonderful idea, I had not seen this but will definitely take a look. How time flies, bet you can't believe your new baby is already ten weeks old. Thank you for stopping by my blog and Happy FF!

Andrea said...

Hi! Glad to be apart of the SITs challenge as well. Maybe tomorrow I'll be out of detention and actually able to post my reply to the discussion! %)
Getting to meet so many fabulous bloggers, yourself included of course, is such a blast.
multiplemama.com

Julie M. said...

Isn't it fun to look back and read what you wrote in earlier times? I love writing too and it's so fun to see how you improve over time.

31DBBB has been an amazing experience for me as well. I can't even imagine how we'll all feel when we make it to day 31! Have a great weekend1

Anonymous said...

YAY! You are doing a great job encouraging us all. I found out about the 31 days on your blog, so THANSK! I am having a lot of fun with it.

Holly said...

Coming to you from 31DBBB! Looks like you're a friend of LouCeeL's? He's awesome. It's fun reading old blog posts. But ... sometimes painful too!

Ofthesea@1000 reasons said...

I cannot believe it took me so long to find this AND come over to say "thanks". 1000reasonsimacrapblogger coming to a blog near you soon!

And once more, thanks! :D

Lindsay {Designer Wife} said...

Love this!! Friday Fragments are so fun :) Hope you have an amazing weekend <3

Linds

Sarah said...

Thumb toes.... that's priceless :)

Unknown said...

If Sam starts talking like StarScream, that will be so awesome.

Kelsey said...

Thumb toes! My daughter calls hers the same! Well, hers are usually "red thumb toes", but I don't suspect your son painted his otes red recently. Kids. Are. Adorable.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Love the Thumb toes. Too hilarious.