July 1, 2010

It's Good To Be Back

Mommy's Idea

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post. Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

- A few weeks ago I got to go to Seattle to see Laurell K Hamilton talk (it was mainly a 2 hour long Q&A followed by a photo op). It was a lot of fun, I went with my best friend and then stayed the night at her house. Laurell is one of my favorite authors and she doesn't seem to tour that often so it was really cool to get to see her. It was my first night away from home with Danny and I have to say that it went very well! Here is apicture of me and Danny with Ms. Hamilton!

Danny's First Author Event

- Somehow I have managed to keep up with the laundry fairly well the last couple of weeks. I'm one of those people who will let it pile up until someone is running out of clean underwear, then have like 8 loads to do at once. NOT fun. Lately I've been doing a load every time the basket gets full, which is essentially every day. Between my husband and a new baby, we have a lot of laundry. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that it's not so easy to keep the house cleaned up, but at least it's not a huge mess... for now.

- These?

SO good. I may need to keep a stash in my fridge from now on. Also? They will be good for Weight Watchers because they're small and you can eat just one to quell your sweet tooth! If you click the picture, you can get a $1 off coupon at the Pilsbury website, plus coupons for tons of other stuff.

- I am going to dinner at PF Changs tonight w/my best friend and then to see Eclipse with a bunch of gals. I can't wait! First off, I have been thinking about Dan Dan Noodles ever since I had my baby and named him Danny. Secondly, I am excited to have my first fun night out without the baby since he was born! I've taken him to 2 movies so far (Toy Story 3 and Knight and Day) and he didn't sleep through either, so I enjoyed it but was a little distracted with bouncing and feeding him.

- Speaking of movies, Knight and Day? It was all right. I didn't think it was spectacular or anything. Although I did enjoy the Tom Cruise Running Scene. That should be trademarked or something. Did you ever notice that every movie Tom Cruise is in has a scene where he is running intensely? My favorites are The Firm and Mission Impossible 3. Know what's funny? When I was googling to make sure it was Mission Impossible THREE that I was thinking of, I found this article about the 5 best Tom Cruise Running Moments. Ha!

- We also went and saw Toy Story 3. WTH Pixar, making me cry like a baby! It all started during the extremely upsetting scene where the toys were heading toward the incinerator. Then at the end of the movie? I was DONE as soon as Andy's Mom walked in and looked at his empty room.

- Is anyone else watching So You Think You Can Dance? This season it seems like all my favorites are guys. I am not into any of the girls this time around. I especially like Alex and Jose. Alex dancing with Twitch this week? Had to be one of my favorite EVER routines on SYTYCD.

- How about Top Chef? I was kind of sad with the cut this week. Especially after she revealed that she was Psychic. I think a few more fun scenes could have come out of that little tidbit.

- This week in WTF news, I found this headline on CNN through their twitter feed. "VA Hospital May Have Infected 1800 Veterans With HIV." REALLY? Are you effing kidding me? Way to go, John Cochran VA Medical Center. Way to add another shovelful onto the steaming pile of crap that is the health/mental care we provide for our veterans in this country. Shameful.

- It feels so good to be back here and writing regularly again. We're getting a little break from Sam next week courtesy of his Grandma & Grandpa, and I am exited to spend part of that time writing.

- Oh, and this time, just one paragraph about poop instead of a whole post. As soon as that post was published, he started pooping! Of course. The new formula seems to be doing the trick and he is passing gas and pooping on his own now. Now, off to scour the web for deals, because that shit's expensive! Someone suggested Ebay and it looks like I can probably save $5-10 a can that way depending on the quantity I get. Now if I can just figure out how to get him to sleep during the day for more than 30 minutes at a time while I'm holding him...

10 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Snuggly. That's what they called it when we had our Kyle 18 years ago; strapped to my chest and got a lot done. Guess his age is a pretty good clue to tell you how I'll be reacting to that last Toy Story Scene, right?

That is TOTALLY my laundry story, too (the first one.) Maybe you'll inspire me, haha.

Glad to know you're getting out and about :)

Danielle said...

I love Top Chef! And crying at Toy Story? UGH! I cry at the drop of a dime and we are taking our kids to see that this wekend. I'm going to have to hold it together! lol!

Have a great weekend.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

4 Lettre Words said...

LOVE PF Changs!! Have a great dinner...and weekend...and holiday!

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Is Toy Story a movie just for kids or do adults like it too?

Stopping by from Friday Fragments.

Jene said...

It's amazing just how much of your conversations become dominated by poop once you have that baby, isn't it?

I LOVE Dan Dan Noodles, and funny enough that was where my husband and I went on our first night out, too. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Um, the Sweet Moments look incredible! Thanks for sharing the coupon!

Have a great weekend!

Rachael said...

Karen, I think Toy Story is good for kids and adults. I actually really enjoy watching all of the Pixar movies with my little guy!

Everyday Kathy said...

Wow what a pile of great fragments! I am so impressed you are getting out so soon after baby... mine is three and I can count on one hand the number of movies I have seen (in the theater) since she was born!

Love that Tom Cruise running stuff... what a riot!!

Visiting a day late from FF. Have a great Weekend!
Everyday Mommy

Mimi said...

With my oldest being 18 & seeing the first one with him when he was little, I don't think I can deal with this newest Toy Story movie! I'm struggling enough as it is.

Doreen McGettigan said...

I just took a much needed break from the ICU unit I have been in since last Monday and saw Eclipse with my 16 year old niece. It was good stuff!
I hope the little one gives you a few breaks and just remember it goes by so fast..
and as far as health care and veterans..my husband is a disabled vet and I am apalled on a monthly basis as we visit the hospital in Philadelphia..I should write a whole post..