January 6, 2010

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.



~ Are you aware of Sarah Palin's Alaska? It's some ridiculous reality show that follows her around in Alaska with her family and blah blah blah. No, I'm not watching it because I'd rather stick a fork in my eye. But then I heard that Kate Gosselin and her kids went to Alaska to go camping with Sarah Palin. You guys. WHY? Why is that happening? Do you know what that is? Some tier of hell. HELL.

~ We've taken a bit of a hit at the start of the new year. I'm sure I could write a whole post about it, but right now I'll just say that it's only January 5 and Justin's car is on it's last legs (they told us it's not worth it to fix) and our electric bill for Nov/Dec was over $900. Happy New Year to us...

~ Anyone else watching Top Chef All Stars? I didn't write a recap this week, but my favorite moments? Tom's awesome Quickfire Challenge - can you even imagine how much time we'd all save if we could make dinner every night in 8 minutes 37 seconds? Awesome! Angelo talking about his pet turtle that he takes on walks on a little leash? Hilarious. But I was really sad that Casey got sent home. I really can't believe Jamie is still there, I'm sick of her. And next week's preview did not show her improving.

~ I'm writing this on Thursday because tomorrow morning at 8 something, Sam, Danny and I will be on a plane headed for the east coast! I am a bit nervous about flying by myself with two kids, but I think it will work out. Sam and Danny are both sick with coughs, but I'm hoping that it won't make big problems for their ears. If might actually be helpful to me if Sam has less energy than normal tomorrow. I am also really happy to have Sam's new Leapster Explorer because I think it's going to be awesome for the plane. We're staying at my Dad's in Lanham, MD on Fri and Sat, then we'll head up to New Jersey to see my stepmom and little sister and other family.

~ I've been listening to audiobooks again lately while I drive around in the car doing my business. I'm in the middle of "Room" by Emma Donoghue right now and... wow. This book is so original, told from the perspective of a 5 year old. It's simultaneously exciting, mundane, extraordinary, heartwrenching... it may be a new favorite.

~ Wish I could think of more to say, but I am brain dead. I've been a little stressed this week trying to pack super light yet not forget anything and with 2 sick kids. I am going to head off to bed. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kristin_The_Goat said...

Hope you have a stress-free travel day. I've never traveled with kids (except when I was one!) but I have traveled with my husband. lol

I made an audible gasp when Casey's name was announced. Truly sad. Richard was right on when he said that Jaime hadn't cooked anything yet and still she remains. ugh.

Doreen McGettigan said...

I hope you are having a safe trip! I really hope the kids feel better and you do not get what they have.
You will be going right by me..in Phila.