January 26, 2010

Fortnight of Flu

Hi. Remember me? I used to blog here.

Every time I think I'm getting back into my rhythm with posting, something happens, and I disappear. This time? A fortnight of sickness in our house. It all started with Sam - a fever, sometimes up to 105, that lasted four days. Followed by several days of coughing and runny nose. Followed by my reward for taking care of him - getting sick myself! Last week I used 2 whole double rolls of toilet paper blowing my nose. In 5 days. It's taken four more, but I'm about 3/4 of the way through another. Yuck! So, by the time Sam's gone to bed I've just been totally exhausted. Plus he missed a whole week of preschool when he was sick, so no computer time for me.

But, things are looking up now! Sam is recovered and back at school. I am blowing my nose less and less every day. The house is finally getting cleaner! Hopefully this means I'm back. For real this time. At least until I have a newborn baby in a couple of months.

Speaking of which, things are great. I'm 25 weeks now and I feel giant already, when I compare pictures from last time I'm showing SO much more than I was at 25 weeks with Sam. I feel Danny moving and kicking all the time now. He's still sitting low, and I think he's still feet down for now. I am feeling fairly normal, although I get tired easily and exercise is still hard because I get exhausted fast and my body just doesn't feel normal. By the time I've walked around with Sam for an hour or two, I feel like my belly is trying to pull itself off my body. So, there's that.

Health wise things are great! My blood sugars have remained normal so far. It's about time that my midwife wrote paperwork for my glucose tolerance test, but I'm not sure I need to do it if I'm taking my blood sugars? I'm going to call the endocrinologist and ask, because if it's not necessary I really don't want to pay for it. I have not gained any weight so far. I lost about 12 pounds early on and have hovered within the same 4 pound range for the rest of the time. This is really great. I am overweight to start, so not gaining is not a concern to my doctors. It's nice for me personally because I worked really hard to lose the 30 pounds I lost before becoming pregnant, and I was afraid of gaining it back. It would have been all right, of course, for the baby. But it would have been a bummer at the same time. So, we'll see how the rest of the pregnancy goes!

So, I'm back! I hope. I have missed this place.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belly pictures! (And I'm glad you're back!)

Kori said...

Glad to hear the plague is abating somewhat! :)

Bejewell said...

I have no idea what a fortnight is.

Unknown said...

Very glad to hear that you are feeling better!
I hope things continue to go well!

Rachael said...

A fortnight is 14 days & nights. I totally looked it up before using it to make sure I was getting it right...