March 10, 2009

WW Week 6 Update: 5 LBS!

Current Weight: 260.4
+/- this week: -2.2
+/- total: -6.8
Short Term Goal: 250
Long Term Goal: 150

I DID IT! It took six weeks, but I FINALLY passed the five pound mark! I was SO excited when I got weighed, when she wrote my name down on the paper and I saw my total, I got tears in my eyes.

It might seem like a small victory, but it's huge. I have NEVER even been able to lose five pounds before. Something is WORKING this time! I was also really excited because I had a REALLY bad day last Friday. As in, I drank a lot of alcohol and ate a bunch of cheese fondue. But it was just one day, and I did get to the gym three times last week, and ate well on the other days. It really reinforced that tomorrow is another day, and slip ups every once in a while aren't going to kill me.

I'm at a total loss of 6.8 pounds now, which is HALFWAY to losing 5% of my weight, which would be 13 lbs down. Setting small goals is perfect, because now that 13 doesn't look so far away and from there, the four more pounds to my short term goal (250) will be so close!

Last week I went to Zumba on both Tuesday and Thursday. Thursday was a milestone for me because I did NOT feel like going. In fact, I hated the class that day. I was lethargic and it was hard. But, I DID IT. I went, and I stayed for the whole class.

I was also proud of myself today because my first thought after my weigh in was to reward myself and think maybe I could have pizza tonight. But instead, I decided on the way to pick up Thai food for my husband I would stop at Robek's and get a fruit smoothie instead! WAY better for you, full of fruit, and I got fiber added since you get one add on free. It was really filling for a snack, gave me at least one (maybe 2) servings of fruit, and was delicious! Then later I ate a WW Smart Ones frozen meal for dinner.

Speaking of which, I am TOTALLY impressed by Smart Ones. I have had the lasagne, chicken quesadilla and chicken fettucine alfredo (that one I had tonight) and they are REALLY good quality! Better than any other frozen meals I've had. The other night I tried a new product of theirs - brick oven pepperoni pizza! It was definitely the best low fat frozen pizza I have ever had. Totally satisfying, and for only 8 points! I also learned today that Lean Cuisine meals have WW points values on them, which is good to know because I'm pretty sure they're on sale at my local grocery for only $2 each.

I feel REALLY motivated and encouraged this week, and am actually looking forward to the gym tomorrow!

5 comments:

Enz said...

I am so happy for you!!! Congratulations..you deserve this, you've been working hard.

Enza

Kori said...

Persistence is the key, and babe, you HAVE it! congratulations!

Alex the Girl said...

That is amazing. If you win my give away, I promise, I will send you the bag of crap, not the cookies. I will not, I repeat, will not be responsible for you gaining back those pounds you lost! Grats.

Helene said...

Rachael,
I'm so excited for you and very proud of your effort. I know this can seem like a long haul, and the small goals you're setting are wonderful. Congratulations!

The Lucky Mrs. T said...

Over from SITS.
Congrats on the #5!
That is very exciting!