March 31, 2009

Holy Crap!

So, usually when I exercise it goes something like this: Begin. Start breathing heavier. Sweat. Get tired. Keep going. Get tireder. Remind myself it's only an hour. Look at the clock. Finish. Feel like laying on the couch.

I've heard of things like the "runners high". Somehow getting a second wind that pushes you through, getting an adrenaline rush that makes you feel great and ending a workout on a high note, feeling like you could keep going or use that energy to go do something fun now.

But it's never happened to me.

UNTIL TODAY!

Holy Crap! I was at my Zumba class, and it was about 45 minutes in (it's a 60 min class). One song ended and when we started the next one... it was like I had a second wind! Instead of dragging, like I often do 45 min into the class, I started picking up my pace. I could do the moves along with the instructor, and with a bounce in my step! I was still sweating, but it felt great. I couldn't believe it. I have never felt this before, and it was amazing.

After class, I felt energized, like I wanted to go out and do something fun. In the parking lot, I was almost in tears. It's the little things like this that give me so much HOPE. That keep me on track. That remind me why I'm doing this, why I'm pushing myself. I am proud of myself for sticking with this. It's been 10 weeks and there's no way in HELL I'm stopping now!

7 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Congrats! Where are you finding Zumba around here? I hear it's a great class!

Alex the Girl said...

Awesome...10 weeks is a huge milestone, btw.

Rocksee said...

I LOVE the second wind.. for me that's right when I am about to say screw this and give up! It's like my body is saying WHOA You aint a quitter! Lets go!

Congrats on even doing Zumba.. that takes some guts girl! I am so not coordinated enough for that and the one time I did go, all the people in the class, I KNEW.. which made me so self concious!

So bigggg props for that!


Visiting from SITS!

Rachael said...

The Zumba classes I take are at Bellingham Fitness on James St. 6-7 on Tue & Thurs. I'm not sure where else they might have them in B'ham.

Rocksee, I just don't watch myself. I just look at the teacher and pretend I look like her. I always get messed up at least once per class, but I just try to keep moving until I can jump back in!

Mrs4444 said...

That's inspiring; I've never felt it, either. Maybe I need to get off my but and get moving!

Love your profile photo, so I had to pop over and say hi :)

Helene said...

That's great! I used to get that YEARS AGO when I was swimming - I'd feel like I couldn't go any further and then I'd feel like I could go on forever. Keep it up:0)

Enz said...

YES! You go girl!