November 3, 2008

Prayer List Update

Yesterday at church, it was announced that another of our members had passed on. This man, John, was one of the first people who welcomed my husband and I when we joined. My husband and he were friends, they got to know each other through the mission trips and men's group retreats. Last week, John died unexpectedly of a heart attack. He was a teddy bear, this man. He was friendly, kind and caring. He will be greatly missed by the congregation, and by the people he was friends with, the people touched. John is survived by his young teenaged son. Unfortunately, John's death leaves him an orphan. You see, John's wife died this year, also without any warning. I've added Zack to my prayer list, and I'd ask that if you have prayers or good thoughts to share, please pray for Zack. He is going through something I can't even imagine, and needs all of the help we can give.

To see my full prayer list, click here.

1 comment:

Kori said...

Oh, that poor, poor boy. I hope he has other family to take him in? I will definitly add him to my list.