November 24, 2008

28 Years Ago

Guess what? 28 years ago yesterday, this happened:


Awww... That's right, yesterday was my birthday. I had a great weekend, and got to do some fun stuff. Like what? Well, my weekend started off right when I received THIS:

051

A beautiful birthday bouquet from my Dad! It was not blooming yet when it came, and now the lillies are starting to open up and they are totally gorgeous. I love lillies, they're so solid and robust and beautiful all at once.

And then, the mail came and I got a card. Inside it were THESE:

023

WOO HOOO! Do I have the best mother-in-law in the world, or what? After I tried to calm my excitement, I got ready and got in the car and headed to Seattle.

033

When I got there, Violet and two other friends of mine headed off to the theater with me to see TWILIGHT! I have a full review up here, so I'm just going to say right now that I absolutely loved it.

After the movie, we headed over to one of my favorite restaurants, The Rock, and along with the friends, my awesome sister joined us!

034

She is so awesome. Then we ordered a Bucket. What is the bucket, you might ask? Well, it's a pail of rum and fruity goodness...

035

037

The Rock also has THE best cheese bread in the universe, which I also enjoyed. Then I ordered my FAVORITE pizza... white garlic sauce, cheese, hot sausage and roasted pecans. If you have never had pecans or walnuts on your pizza, you should do it now. We had a great time.

038

I also made out like a freaking BANDIT, because my friends are awesome and know me so well. What, you might ask? Well, perhaps you should look here.

Sunday I went to my home church in Seattle, and the children's choir performed just for me (okay, not really, but it was still totally adorable). Violet's daughter Kiki sang, and unlike she used to, she sang ALL the words, and did ALL of the sign language motions. I was so proud. Then I drove home to birthday dinner #2 with my Mom, her hubby, and my hubby and the boy. And this happened...

IMG00194

After a yummy Mexican dinner, we headed back to my house for Pecan Pie, homemade by my Mom and both gluten & corn free so that my hubby and her hubby could both enjoy it with us! What a great weekend. I'm really so blessed to have all of these wonderful people in my life. It was the best birthday I've had recently.

2 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss THIS?????

OMG Happy Happy Happy *belated* Birthday!

Looks like you had a great day!