November 14, 2008

Grey's Anatomy: Where my missed shows come back alive

What's up with Grey's Anatomy?  First, they bring in Kevin McKidd from Journeyman, who is henceforth referred to as McJourneyman.  I like him on that show, and was sad it was cancelled, but bearded, hardcore McJourneyman... well, he's hot.  Then this week, first Melissa George (Alias) then Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Gallactica) come up both in one episode!  It's like my favorite shows that aren't on right now are coming alive before me.  Ha.  So far though, I sort of hate Melissa George's character.  But I thought Mary McDonnell did a wonderful job, although I find it hard to believe that they would all meet her and just think she was weird, and not consider that she might have Asperger's or something.

Here's the thing.  I love Grey's, it's one of my favorite shows.  But I don't think I like this weird Izzy seeing Denny's ghost storyline.  I LOVED Denny, don't get me wrong.  I swoon a little for Jeffrey Dean Morgan.  But I just am not sure that it fits in that well with the show, and I just don't like it.  It's one thing to dream about people, it's another to actually have a ghost.  Is he real?  Is he a hallucination?  Is Izzy having a NERVOUS BREAKDOWN?  Sigh...  I don't know if it's because of me or the show, but I haven't been as moved this season.  I used to cry during every episode, now it's more like every other episode.  

Good ending this week, loved Christina yelling at the interns, loved the scene in the bar with the Sloane/Lexi thing and the Christina/McJourneyman thing - HAWT!  But then, Izzy and Denny - WTF?  Like, seriously, is she mental?  I so wanted Alex to walk in to see what he would see when she was kissing him.  

What do you think of the ghost/hallucination?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Grey's. I love love love it. But I am with ya on the Denny thing. I heard a rumor that Izzy might have a brain tumor, but is that too obvious? And I loved Denny with all my tv heart, but this is just strange. Do you think the explanation will be logical? P.S. I love your blog!