November 26, 2008

What I'll Be Watching aka I LOVE previews!

I new that there would be AWESOME previews on the new James Bond movie, and I got some good ones at City of Ember & Twilight as well.  Here are the ones that I was most excited about...

Seven Pounds starring Will Smith.  I have seen several previews for this one, and it is intriguing to me.  It looks like it's going to be somewhat heartwrenching, but the best part for me is the mystery - what did he do?  What is his purpose?

Star Trek!  At Quantum of Solace I saw my first full length preview for the new Star Trek coming out next summer directed by JJ Abrams.  I am so excited about this one!  Also, how come I didn't know that John Cho was in this?  I really like him!  It looks great, and I absolutely love JJ Abrams, so I'm really looking forward to seeing this one.

Valkyrie So I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan at this point.  I kind 
of think he's crazy.  But, when it comes to movies there are few 
actors who I am so turned against that I won't see something if it looks good.  This movie looks amazing to me.  I've always been very interested in WW2 (although I've seen previews for 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas' and hell to the no, I am NOT seeing that), perhaps it is messed up, but Nazi shit intrigues me.  In any case, this movie looks really good, and I can't wait to see it.

Watchmen I'm a huge fan of the comic book movie genre.  The only one I've seen that I really haven't liked was Sin City, but Frank Miller made up for it with 300.  I see the movies because I usually enjoy them, but also because it's one of the genres (like vampire/werewolf movies) that I want to support so it can continue.  This is also touted as the most popular comic ever, and though I haven't read it yet, I plan to borrow from my friend before the movie comes out so I can compare.  

Coraline I read this book by Neil Gaiman when it came out, and it's a great story.  It's an intermediate level book, and the story is about a girl who finds a way into a reality similar to her own, but 
where things are sort of... off.  I saw this preview on City of Ember, and was really excited.  I think it'll make a great movie, plus I love Dakota Fanning and Ian McShane is pretty great too.  The style of the movie caught my eye as well - it looks Tim Burton-esque.

2012  I saw a teaser trailer for this one at Quantum of Solace. 
 HOLY CRAP!  I may not have discussed this before, but I have a... THING with disaster movies.  As in I LOVE them.  As in I will watch one no matter how bad (Nuclear Twister on cable starring Mark Paul Gosselar?  Seen it.).  As in The Day After Tomorrow is one of my favorite movies, and I've seen it multiple times.  As in, I watched 10.5 and Category 7: The End of the World when they were on TV.  It's like a sickness.  So, WHY did I not know that this movie was coming out?  Not only that it exists, but stars some of my favorite actors ever, like John Cusack and Chiwetel Ejiofor?  It doesn't come out until next July, but I am going to be waiting and can't wait to see a full preview for it when they come out!

I'm also looking forward to The Day the Earth Stood Still, Yes Man and Bedtime Stories, which are all coming out next month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter saw City of Ember, and I want to see it and read the book. I haven't seen a disaster movie in a long time.

Thanks for stopping by. :-)

Anonymous said...

Seven Pounds looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

We have the Coraline book too! We love Neil Gaiman. We have the book in Paperback and Audio- loved it!