November 2, 2008

Life isn't perfect, but it is a gift

October wasn't a very inspirational month for me.  Many days, I've found myself wondering when this string of hardship after hardship will end.  When will the light shine into my life again instead of darkness creeping in with bad news every time I turn around?  As I sifted through all of my saved posts from October looking for one that deserved my nomination for the October Perfect Post awards, I only came across a few that felt inspiring to me here and now.  There were celebrations of babies being born, there were many that made me laugh, and many full of wonderful and beautiful writing.  But when I re-read the post I finally settled on, it made me remember why despite everything that's happened, I can still see a beautiful sunset at night and feel okay.

The Original Perfect Post Awards 10.08 My Perfect Post choice for October goes to Sarah at Redefining Perfect.   I've been reading Sarah's blog for a while, and she often has wonderful things to say.  But in this post in particular, she reminds me why we should ALL treasure every single moment we have.  Sarah reminded me that no matter how hard I feel things are, there is always someone else who is going through something unthinkable.  No matter how many bills I have that I can't pay, or people I know who are sick or have died there are others out there who were even closer to those people.  I have my family.  I have friends.  I have my health.  I have a roof over my head and food to eat.  Even the title of Sarah's blog, Redefining Perfect, makes sense here.  My life may not feel perfect, but when I look at what matters, what more could I really ask for?

Instead of living in sadness and wishing for things we didn't have, we should embrace what we do have and remember that we don't know how much time we have left, so we should treasure the moments we have RIGHT NOW, while they're happening.  Forget regret and envy, they are a waste of time.  Find the good in what is around you right now.

Thanks to Sarah for reminding me of that.  For more perfect posts, visit Kimberly at Petroville or Lindsay at Suburban Turmoil.   

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow...you thought I had a perfect post?! I feel all special-like now!!! Thanks!! *huggles* This means a lot considering my recent deletion of my ENTIRE blog...and very slow restart. I'm trying to get better...but it's been tough. Thanks for thinking one of my shoddy-attempts at posting again was worth it!!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Rachael!

I loved reading the post. Thanks for highlighting stuff like this. And it was, indeed, a wonderful reminder.