November 12, 2008

13 Things I'm Thankful for Today







  1. It seems like my Google Reader has FINALLY stopped showing the list of blogs I'm following, like I asked it to, so I just have my normal reading list and not that annoying list saying I have 600 unread items. YAY!
  2. My sister is out of the hospital. Her sodium went up to normal levels yesterday and they let her go home, but still don't know what caused it in the first place. For now she's still on medication that makes her sodium normal, but that's not a long term solution. She'll have followups with the endocrinologist and we'll see.
  3. I was seemingly getting better, then I had weird ear pressure/pain and a 1/2 sore throat. Like, only the right half of my throat hurt. It was really weird. So I went to the doctor, and he said I have had an upper respiratory infection & put me on antibiotics. It was 3 hours at the walk in clinic, and that was on Tuesday. But today I feel ALMOST normal!! My sore throat is finally gone, my ear doesn't hurt as much, and I can FINALLY take a deep breath without coughing. Yay!
  4. Have I ever told you how awesome my husband is? Well, he is. He even does the dishes most of the time, he cooks me dinner a lot (he cooks way more than I do), and he loves our son so much. Throughout this year, so much has happened and it's been really hard, but all it's done is make our relationship stronger. I am just really thankful for having him in my life.
  5. Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix. We had homemade pizza for the first time last night since Justin was diagnosed with Celiac's Disease. We used this mix and it was DELICIOUS! It tasted just like regular crust! It's the first time since he got diagnosed that Justin has been able to enjoy his pizza fully - a lot of times when restaurants have gluten free crust it's rice based, and it just isn't that good. It is doughy, and doesn't taste 'normal'. I am so impressed Bob's Red Mill! It's a great company anyway (their 7 Grain Pancake Mix is to die for, especially if you add blueberries), and I am TOTALLY checking out more of their GF products now!
  6. My friend Amy, who is amazing. I met her through the Mom's Group that I'm in, she runs it, and she is awesome. I have only known her a few months, but I consider her one of my really good friends in Bellingham. She watches Sam every Thursday and she is SO cheerful and giving and just wonderful. She is always in a good mood, and we have a lot in common. I'm just really glad to have met her.
  7. My bloggy friend, Auds. I seriously LOVE her blog, Barking Mad, and think she is smart, funny, and a really awesome lady. She is always aware of what's going on with me and offering her thoughts, advice and support. I'm so glad to have discovered her blog & gotten to know her a little in this funny blogosphere world.
  8. Top Chef started again last night! WOOT!
  9. My readers. Okay, my blog isn't huge like Dooce or Girl's Gone Child. But there are some people reading it out there, and I seriously love you guys. You make me laugh, make me cry, make me realize how lucky I am, and make me feel like part of a community. When something bad happens, you pray or send good thoughts. How totally amazing is that? I don't care if I only get 30 hits a day, because the people who are coming here have proven themselves to be the kind of people that I want in my life!
  10. My sister's boyfriend, Joe. Okay, I already liked Joe before. He is funny, great with Sam, awesome to my sister, an amazing singer and guitarist, and he's just fun to be around. But last week, he spent five days in the hospital with my sister. He stayed by her side when she was out of it, he made sure that he was up to date on what the doctors were saying when she couldn't be. He let her family and friends know what was going on. He kept her company when she was getting better and bored. He comforted her. He slept on a cot so he could be with her. If you asked him, he might not say it was a big deal, but it was a big deal to me, and to my family. It was a big deal that she had someone with her that cared for her so much so that she didn't have to be scared. I'm crying just thinking about it. Joe is awesome.
  11. Barack Obama is the next President. I am so excited. I have never actually thought so much about a president in my life. In my spare time, I find myself just thinking about the election, and unlike 4 and 8 years ago, this time I'm happy!
  12. Laurell K Hamilton. I don't care if her books are some dirty dirtiness. I LOVE them. I'm in the middle of one right now, and will be devouring much of it this afternoon.
  13. Pecan Pie. I had my first slice of the fall the other day. It was from the grocery store, but it was delicious. Not as delicious as the one I'll get to eat next week - my Mom always makes me one for my birthday because it's my favorite.
What are you thankful for this week? To read more Thankful Thursday posts, go to A Bit Squirrelly!

To read more Thursday Thirteen posts, click here!

4 comments:

Kori said...

I really loved this list, and am thankful for your contagious happiness.

Anonymous said...

What a great post. We all need to count our blessing everyday!!

Unknown said...

Good list. And I am soooo glad to hear that your sister is better. I'm sorry you got sick but happy to hear you are on the mend as well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing with me!! Love it!!