August 8, 2008

Haiku Friday: Vacation Unplugged

Haiku Friday

Failed Movie Monday,
even though I have seen three
Feed reader is full

Emails sit in box
Overwhelming when I see
so many unread

Thought that on va-cay
I would have all the time in
the world for this stuff

Turns out I was wrong
Delusional to the max
I need a break now!

Well, I am managing to get my haiku up on time despite the fact that I totally failed and didn't post my Movie Monday post this week after having seen three movies that I WANT to write about (I'll get to it when I can - I promise!), AND I did Wordless Wednesday, but never got a chance to go put my link in over there, so no one probably saw it! I thought on vacation I'd have time to keep up with all this stuff, but I didn't bring my laptop so I'm using a borrowed one, and it turns out that I'm falling behind!

So, next week I will have some fabulous guest posters showing up for you to read, and hopefully will get a chance at least a couple of times to pop on and say hi myself! In the meantime, go read some more haikus here.

I will be back home on the 20th and back to my regular internet addicted posting, plurking and blog reading. I did manage to get through SOME of my Google reader this morning, and found out that Congratulations are in order for Mrs. Chicken, who welcomed her new baby into the world! Go see him, he is totally adorable.

7 comments:

The Laundress said...

I always need a vacay after my vacay!!!!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I am with the laundress, a vacation from the vacation......it's crazy how that works out eh?!

Korie said...

As long as you're enjoying the vacation, computer related activities can wait. although I admit, I was a bit agitated when we went to Scotland for 5 days and I caouldn't check my comments (I'd preposted for 4 days of the vacation)

Anonymous said...

Clear the reader, mark important emails for later, and just relax!

Anonymous said...

I second what everyone said. Kick back, relax, vacate - or just be on vacay, whatever, but enjoy!

Honey Mommy said...

I never have enough time to write all the things I want to, so I know exactly how you feel!

Anonymous said...

You're on vacation - relax, enjoy yourself. We'll all be here when you get back :-)

Maybe you can join me in Pet Peeve Tuesday sometime!