August 3, 2008

Banana Mondays: My child, my teacher

This week we'll be writing about things we've learned from our dear little daughters and sons.

1. Ice cream always tastes better when shared with a two year old, especially when it's chocolate and leaves a chocolate moustache.

2. Accomplishments are all relative - sometimes it feels like more of a success when your kid goes down to bed easily or finally repeats a word than it did when you graduated from college.

3. It is possible to have more working knowledge of a foreign language by watching children's TV than remains from the 2.5 years of language you took in high school/college. Yum, yum, yum, yum - deliciouso!

4. There is no more joyous sound in the world than your own child's laughter, coming from their big, goofy, grinning toddler mouth.

5. That place where socks disappear when you think they're in the drier isn't limited to socks. It also houses pacifiers and sippy cups.

6. Sometimes it's the simple things - a yard full of toys can't compare to the bag of gravel Grandma bought at the hardware store when it comes to fun.

7. Being dirty isn't always easier, but it's almost always MORE FUN!

8. The look on a two year old's face when they see a slug for the first time then pick it up, drop it and realize there is slime all over their hand? Priceless.

9. Almost anything can be used as a drum if you try hard enough.

10. A heart can be broken a thousand times and mended by pride and love every time. And it's worth it.

To read more life lessons, head over to Absolutely Bananas!

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

#7...I'm working on it;)

Anonymous said...

Great list. I agreed with so many of yours, isn't it funny how we all seem to learn the same things.

Anonymous said...

I love these. Wonderful list! :)

Honey Mommy said...

I think #2 is so true! Potty training my two-year old was almost as rewarding as getting my Master's Degree!

I also LOVE it when my kids laugh. It is awesome.

So it's YOU, isn't it? YOU'RE hiding all the socks, binkies, and sippy cups at your house?!?! I need them back, pretty please?

Thanks for your comments on my blog!

Summer said...

Number 6 is so true!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL list... love it!