August 4, 2008

Help Wanted: Got a click for your fellow bloggers?

Kristin over at Motherhood Uncensored had an idea. A pretty great idea if you ask me. So, I'm jumping in to support August as Blog the Recession month! She said it best herself:

"The premise is simple. If you read blogs, then for the month of August, make the "pledge" to click through from your feed reader. No obligation to leave a hilarious comment or send a long stalkerish email (although both, within reason, are always lovely). Just click through to the blog (not on ads unless you are so led) and if you're feeling generous, click around to their older posts.

Just those extra page views can make a big difference for bloggers who could really use the help, or in my case, where page views don't matter so much, a big fat ego boost."

I'm in the same boat as Kristin - the clicks will just make me feel super warm fuzzy good. But for some people extra clicks might help them buy their gas for the month or pay their bills. Let's all use our clicker this month and support each other! You might even get some pleasant surprises, like maybe your favorite blog got a makeover. Maybe you forgot what someone's blog even looked like because you haven't been there in a while, and you can enjoy the prettiness. Maybe you'll discover some cool new blogs by going to the Blog the Recession participants list (because you needed just a few more in your feed reader, right?).

I could say something more clever, but instead I say - go, begin to click!

Join us!

3 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

I always click through!! I know you do too! :P

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I shall do my part and click more from my Google Reader.

I just joined the Blog the Recession. Such a great idea and fun as well. Another fun perk is finding great new blogs to frequent :)

Daisy said...

I've never really gotten into feed readers. I enjoy clicking on the actual blog. Spread the click/linky love!