August 14, 2008

Lost without LOST

Today's guest post comes from Nap Warden from The Chronicles of a SAHM. I can't remember what first brought me to her blog, but I immediately liked her header. Who couldn't envy those boots? She impresses me with tales of her kiddies and her running - she is training to eventually run a marathon, which is not something that I can even conceive of. Visit her blog to read about her adventures as she tries to find the answer to the same question many of us are - "How do you keep an identity, and raise babies?".

Lost without LOST

What to do... what to do... I am guest posting today. I have been seeing tons and tons of movies this summer. Did you notice that everything after Dark Knight has been a total let down? Well, for me it has been. I am not looking forward to any more movies this summer...boo hiss!
So...that leads me to my friend TV. My friend TV, leads me to LOST...*sigh* LOST. When are you coming back? I miss you. I have done some digging, and here is what the rumor mill shot out to me...

It runs 6 episodes in Oct. (yes, only 6) without reruns or recaps or breaks.

Then the show goes on hiatus until Feb. (during which time ABC will air some new sit com or something)

Then, starting mid Feb., the show will run an incredible, AMAZING, totally Lost-astic 17 episodes in a row, no reruns, no weeks off, no recap shows (unless they're on like an hour earlier and lead up to the show. I mean you'll get a new episode every week).

Oh my LOST, I miss you so.

Are you LOSTIES? What else has TV got for me? I'm putting it to you my brilliant blogosphere...What shows are you looking forward to this fall?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sickly addicted to Lost, and during the 'Off season" (yes, watching Lost is my equivalent of playing a sport) I always watch the entire series from start to finish. It's amazing what new stuff you can pick up on when you go back and re-watch the show after seeing a new season. For example, in Season 2, the survivors from the tail section found a glass eyeball in one of the Dharma stations. Doesn't make any sense until you've met Mikhail (AKA: Patchy) in Season 3.

Love it!

Ellyn said...

I love Lost. I kind of stopped watching it last season because it was on so late. I will catch up when the DVDs come out. I also like to see what is new in the fall lineup. Honestly though I have been a little disappointed the last couple of seasons. I would like to know whose idea it was to produce a whole about the Gieco cavemen. Awful.
With our move this year I haven't really had a chance to see what is coming. Can't wait to see.

Sarah in Disturbia said...

I can't believe I don't watch Lost. It think I would love it. At this point I need to rent the first season. Maybe I'll do that while there is nothing on!

Btw, I've tagged you. Check out my blog. Sorry: )

EatPlayLove said...

I don't watch LOST. But I saw Andrew McCarthy in a commercial for Lipstick Jungle, so I guess I must check that one out. Oh how I loved him in Pretty in Pink.

Rachael said...

I soooo watch way too much TV. I'm looking forward to LOST - didn't realize that it was coming back for 6 eps in fall, that's exciting! I am also curious to see what they're going to do with that 5 year jump on Desperate Housewives, and looking forward to the new seasons of Criminal Minds, Medium, Supernatural, The Office, 30 Rock... good Lord, if I named them all I'd still be sitting here tomorrow. *Slowly backs away from the computer...*

Anonymous said...

first of all....NO, our life in this family could NOT live without Seinfeld. Even my boys quote Kramer from time to time. As for as Dark Knight goes....I can't really expect anything to top it. My Hubby is a Batman FREAK, and it was the best performance of Heath's career. I actually wrote an entire blog on it on July 18th- then didn't post it because my "pychoanalyzing" was a little creepy. he...he... Great post;-) I'm lovin the opinions and point of views here.....

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

I don't watch lost. Matter of fact, I don't watch TV much at all. The only show that I anticipated was Army Wives and that season already started.

Sabrina said...

Thank goodness my husband bought me the first three seasons on DVD. We've been rewatching them with lots of "Aha" moments since the end of season 4. There really isn't anything on tv right now that compares. . .but the new episodes will be here before we know it!!

Kash said...

OMG, I am a lost junkie... I watched the first season in 36 hours and since then have been a slave to it. Thanks for letting us know when it will be back on air. I'll have to set a reminder to find it online. I also am a sucker for SYTYCD and Project Runway (I even watch them on youtube from Africa).

Anonymous said...

I am guilty of watching way too much television. Can't wait for the return of Lost and Terminator as well as the cute sitcoms and nauseating dramas I enjoy!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Sigh... WAiting for Lost. WAiting impatiently...

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I heart "lost" I was peed off when they stop showing. Truly I have became Lost watching it, I can only pray that when it airs again that it will make a little more since.

My favorite rerun show is (everybody loves Raymond) come on the MIL is LOL funny....

Natalie said...

I have a confession to make... I watch way too much TV. I blame the tivo. I mean it is kind of like blogging...i can read lots more blogs because of my reader! anyway, i am looking forward to 24, Biggest Loser, Criminal Minds, (I hate to say this next one out loud) Dirty, Sexy, Money, and Brother's and Sisters! There are more but I don't have time to read them because I must feed my addictions quickly...nap time around here is much too short!